Worst Movies Ever

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I got bored this weekend and watched the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special this weekend. Somehow it exceeded the hype. One of the wildest disasters I've ever seen on video. Not exaggerating I think 1/3 of the lines are Wookies just doing the Wookie noise, and not single "line" of it is captioned.

The lady from golden girls has a music number as a bartender in Mos Eisley, Chewy's dad puts on a VR headset that is heavily implied to be a "girlfriend" simulator, his wife cooks while watching a crazy cooking show on tv, and there is also the cartoon intro to Boba Fett that looks like it was animated by someone on an acid trip.

1702912666873.jpeg

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I got bored this weekend and watched the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special this weekend. Somehow it exceeded the hype. One of the wildest disasters I've ever seen on video.

The lady from golden girls has a music number as a bartender in Mos Eisley, Chewy's dad puts on a VR headset that is implied to be a "girlfriend" simulator, his wife cooks while watching a crazy cooking show on tv, and there is also the cartoon intro to Boba Fett that looks like it was animated by someone on an acid trip. Not exaggerating I think 1/3 of the lines are Wookie's just doing the Wookie noise, and not single "line" of it is captioned.

View attachment 120903

Hasbro just released a “life day” costume Chewbacca action figure. There is a real fan movement to try to get one of Bea Arthur.

• Haha
Reactions: Bigman38

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I could have done without the weird CGI Indy in that first train scene, but that's kind of how I came away from it. I think being after Crystal Skull does it a lot of favors.
It was formulaic and missing much of the charm of earlier Indy films. I was left wondering why it was even made. My conclusion being that Skull was so badly received they felt the need to try again.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
The English Patient. While certainly not the worst movie I've ever seen, I absolutely HATED it. Everyone else I know loved it. Later, I discovered that Elaine on Seinfeld was my true spirit animal.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I know some people mentioned Indiana Jones 4 and deservedly so. I just watched the 5th new Dial of Destiny and was kind of shocked how good it is in comparison given he’s like 80 years old. It’s not as good as the original three but it’s closer to them than it is to Crystal Skulls. Kind of a mashup of Raiders and last crusade.

Crystal Skulls had have cost the new movie a ton of box office.

It had a new level of ridiculousness and was probably too long but hit all the right spots to go out on.

And the ending when he says how he's hurting all over after all they'd been through hit deep.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Throw the last Indiana Jones on the list

Couldn't make it past an hour. They beat that dead horse again and again. Only with MORE CGI and a female version of Shaft!

cyspy

Jul 24, 2011
I got bored this weekend and watched the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special this weekend. Somehow it exceeded the hype. One of the wildest disasters I've ever seen on video. Not exaggerating I think 1/3 of the lines are Wookies just doing the Wookie noise, and not single "line" of it is captioned.

The lady from golden girls has a music number as a bartender in Mos Eisley, Chewy's dad puts on a VR headset that is heavily implied to be a "girlfriend" simulator, his wife cooks while watching a crazy cooking show on tv, and there is also the cartoon intro to Boba Fett that looks like it was animated by someone on an acid trip.

View attachment 120903

The Star Wars Holiday Special was produced by Steve Binder. The same guy who produced the Elvis '68 comeback special and the mid 60's music special called The T.A.M.I. Show. The T.A.M.I. show had the hot music acts of the day in concert in the same t.v. studio. The Rolling Stones closed the show but almost didn't perform because James Brown performed before the Stones. Mick Jagger told Binder you want us to perform after James Brown,nobody can follow James Brown. The house band on that show included the legendary studio drummer Hal Blaine and some guitar player named Glen Campbell.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I’m not going to call it the worst movie ever because I laughed at its ridiculousness the whole way through. But MEG 2 is maybe the most outlandish film that is trying to be serious. Sharknado and all those obviously are even more ridiculous but they are on purpose.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

View attachment 120903

Still a great watch, though.

Way more entertaining simply as a train wreck than the prequels and the Disney sludge.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Another one I haven't mentioned...

Star Trek Into Darkness

Absolutely terrible for the same reasons The Force Awakens was absolute dreck. Stop taking an absolute all-timer of a movie like The Wrath of Khan and "soft rebooting" it in a way that is in every way inferior to the original. I like Benedict Cumberbatch, but there is nothing that anybody could ever do to enhance the legendary performance of Ricardo Montalbán from the original. Don't fix a classic if it ain't broken.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I’m not going to call it the worst movie ever because I laughed at its ridiculousness the whole way through. But MEG 2 is maybe the most outlandish film that is trying to be serious. Sharknado and all those obviously are even more ridiculous but they are on purpose.

I thought the Meg movies were in the same vein as the sci-fy/comedy stuff.

Those Sharknado movies...I wish they were actually funny.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Any movie that stars Jim Carrey is unwatchable.

hNkCp03.gif

The Truman Show
The Cable Guy
Dumb & Dumber

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron