Worst hosing by referees in ISU history?

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
I have to wuibble with that. Incompetent is not the word. Crooked is the word. Everybody, certainly every referee knows you can't score when the ball is dead. It HAD to be a conspiracy. Nobody is THAT stupid. Supporting me in my theory is the failure to act on the part of the league. In retrospect, for sure, every knowsw those points should not have been allowed. But no action was taken whatsoever. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think the league even commented on it. I thnk that is the worst hosing suffered by any team any time anywhere.

Conspiracy? No. There are thousands of better ways to fix a basketball game than that. If it was a conspiracy then the conspirators are guilty of felony incompetence with aggravated stupidity. The referees all brain locked for a few seconds and were either thinking "I thought he had 2 shots but I must have been confused and it was only one" or "I thought that was the first shot but it must have been the second". That is where the incompetence comes in. At least one of the 3 has to immediately know what is going on and blow a whistle. Then they compounded their error by allowing the points to stand.

The league didn't act because they just wanted it to go away - and it did. I think if it was the other way around this would have become a national story and the league would have been forced to do something.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
I have to wuibble with that. Incompetent is not the word. Crooked is the word. Everybody, certainly every referee knows you can't score when the ball is dead. It HAD to be a conspiracy. Nobody is THAT stupid. Supporting me in my theory is the failure to act on the part of the league. In retrospect, for sure, every knowsw those points should not have been allowed. But no action was taken whatsoever. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think the league even commented on it. I thnk that is the worst hosing suffered by any team any time anywhere.

its_a_conspiracy1.jpg

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
The list that could one could make up from this thread is nothing short of tragic.

But I have to toss my vote in for the phantom 3 at KU. It may not have been the most impactful screw up of all of them. But I just couldn't have comprehended such ineptitude if I hadn't seen it first hand.

3 of the "league's best", and not one of them said "hey....."

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron