WJ

ISUCY11

Aug 3, 2006
Chicago, IL
too bad he came along this year and not in the last 2...half the guys on that list would be in the NBA right now if not for the rule change. This might be the best Frosh class we've ever seen.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
too bad he came along this year and not in the last 2...half the guys on that list would be in the NBA right now if not for the rule change. This might be the best Frosh class we've ever seen.

I hope you are kidding? Either that or your're a teenager who doesn't remember some of the great classes every coach since John Orr has had.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
I hope you are kidding? Either that or your're a teenager who doesn't remember some of the great classes every coach since John Orr has had.

I could be wrong but I think he's talking about the freshman class as a whole in the NCAA, not the ISU squad.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
All is forgiven on XMAS. Expect Wesley recognition to go up if Marsden or Gray or Jiri get better and allows some openings for wesley.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/new/story/freshman_10_december_2220136

this is the only site i could find giving any respect to westley

Bring in the two missing pieces to McD's puzzle-a big true point guard and an enforcer down low, together with these guys having a year in the system, and I think next year we are already back knocking on the NCAA door.

Garrett, Brackins, W. Johnson, Rahshon and Taylor sounds like a pretty good combination and there will be several others who can play right along with them

isu_bub

Apr 10, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Bring in the two missing pieces to McD's puzzle-a big true point guard and an enforcer down low, together with these guys having a year in the system, and I think next year we are already back knocking on the NCAA door.

Garrett, Brackins, W. Johnson, Rahshon and Taylor sounds like a pretty good combination and there will be several others who can play right along with them

It'll be interesting next year. I think Cory Johnson is going to get so good we will not be able to keep him off the floor. He is the only guy in the post at this point that plays a shred of defense. If Brackins lives up to his hype (I don't think there should be any reason why we would have a five star player sitting on the bench unless he is just terrible ala Taggert, but what are the odds of that again) we should have a formidable front court.

Next Year:
5: Brackins, Jiri, Marsden
4: Cory Johnson, Alex Thompson (remember him too!)
3: Rahshon, Wesley (WJ can spell whomever at 3, or 4)
2: Mike T, Dodie, Staiger?
1: Garrett (5 inches taller than CMac) Corey

Next Year After (Yeah I know, getting carried away)
5: Brackins, Marsden
4: CJ
3: WJ, Staiger (good size for a swingman)
2: Dodie, Boozer (plays half like his brother?)
1: Garrett or Buckley

What do you think?

9seven

Apr 15, 2006
Indianola/Boone
Next year i think Jiri is going to get lost in the rotation of Brackins, Marsden, CJ, WJ, Rahshon,and Thompson. I hope with those six we will not have to worry much about Jiri! Another thing, I don't see any reason WJ would start this year and not next year. While I think CJ is going to be a good player, WJ is a better all around player right now!

isu_bub

Apr 10, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Next year i think Jiri is going to get lost in the rotation of Brackins, Marsden, CJ, WJ, Rahshon,and Thompson. I hope with those six we will not have to worry much about Jiri! Another thing, I don't see any reason WJ would start this year and not next year. While I think CJ is going to be a good player, WJ is a better all around player right now!

I was looking to get Wesley back to his actually position of the 3, but you have a point!

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
No he won't, he will be back next year... He will come back in the 07-08 basketball year and be a redshirt Junior.

Not to speak for Bob, but I think he is referencing the fact that Thompson will have 2 years of eligibility, and Bub didn't list him in the two deeps for 2008-2009

isu_bub

Apr 10, 2006
Ames, Iowa
e
Not to speak for Bob, but I think he is referencing the fact that Thompson will have 2 years of eligibility, and Bub didn't list him in the two deeps for 2008-2009

I was under the influence that Thompson is a junior who is sitting out this year, using his redshirt, which means he will be a senior next year. Please correct me if I am wrong though! :baffled5wh:

9seven

Apr 15, 2006
Indianola/Boone
Well Thompson is a junior, but using his redshirt. So he will still be a junior next year and have two years of eligability to play as a Cyclone!:biggrin9gp:

isu_bub

Apr 10, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Well Thompson is a junior, but using his redshirt. So he will still be a junior next year and have two years of eligability to play as a Cyclone!:biggrin9gp:

Ok, well looks like we are deep at the 4, maybe 5 for the next 2 years then! Thanks for clearing that up!