WILLIAMS: And the coaching search begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclonefan1983

Feb 12, 2009
How about Jeff Grayer, bring in Grayer and we could lock up Miles Bridges, right?

Seriously, my ideal coaching staff would be, Larry Eustachy or Hornacek as the head coach with his assistants as Otz, Mann, and bring in Fizer or Jeff Grayer.

I swear that it was reported that Fizer wants to be a coach someday , no?

Last edited:

sigh

Apr 11, 2006
Denver
Hornacek or Otz please! Or both with Grayer as another assistant to bring in Bridges!

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I still think there's a decent chance this ends up being a three-way trade. Hoiberg-Thibodeau-Hornacek just each move one spot down the line. Iowa State, Chicago, Phoenix swapping coaches.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Here's my dream scenario:

Head Coach: Jeff Hornacek
Associate Head Coach and Lead Recruiter: TJ Otz
Assistant Coach: Cornell Mann
Assistant Coach: Jeff Grayer (help get Bridges)

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
I still think there's a decent chance this ends up being a three-way trade. Hoiberg-Thibodeau-Hornacek just each move one spot down the line. Iowa State, Chicago, Phoenix swapping coaches.

Why would thibs take that crap job when he can hold out for literally any job that he wants and get paid while he holds out? I hope you're right, but I don't see it.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Chris, do you know if its appropriate for an AD to ask current players about a future hire, especially those invested seniors like ours? While I realize there's more to picking a coach than just next year, and you don't want to open it up like a popularity contest, I just wondered if it would be helpful or harmful for Jamie to ask a few of them for their valued opinions/desires/etc. Afterall, it is "their team".

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
No Leon Rice? I'd think he'd be someone on that list. Dwayne Stevens at Mich st? He's going to make a move to be HC soon...IZZO has raved about him for a decade and he's arguably the best recruiting asst in the country or one of the top. With Stevens and Otz as associate HC and u bring in Grayer too and u can basically sign Bridges to IsU right now not to mention probably a whole lot of other top recruits. But that's me.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Here's my dream scenario:

Head Coach: Jeff Hornacek
Associate Head Coach and Lead Recruiter: TJ Otz
Assistant Coach: Cornell Mann
Assistant Coach: Jeff Grayer (help get Bridges)

Dreams only come true for Fred.

Goldfinger

Nov 5, 2009
is this like when GarPax said last Thursday they haven't started their search yet? So it must mean TJ will be named by end of this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron