Will they change the logo ON Cy?

Stormin'

Jul 13, 2007
You guys think they will change the logo that is on Cy's chest?

Just an idea I had:

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
Do we really need another twist on this to discuss? (no pun intended)

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
I know, I just know this will turn into another Gold/Red/White helmet issue. I personally don't care as long as at it looks good and can give us an identity that will stick for a while. I know based off the past that this is asking a lot but I would really like for us to be able to be identified nationally someday. (I'm thinking that will take more from the on field product then it will out colors/logos.)

You are right this is exactly what message boards are for, fan discussions of team activities/performance/looks. (seriously)

Stormin'

Jul 13, 2007
I agree with you, and I really hope we become a nationally recognized brand. But you gotta believe that the wordmark logo on Cy currently is going to be swapped out to the I-State logo, as with all of the old logos eventually being phased out.

But I tell you, I cannot wait to see the new uniforms in person next fall, and I just thought Cy should also be a part of the new change and direction.

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
I would like it, but the also have "Iowa State" as an approved word mark that would work also in the new colors. Either way I will be happy as long as he is still roaming the sidelines.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
I would say the chances of the new I-State logo being on Cy are nearly 100%. Back in the 80s (and prior to that), Cy had a large I on his chest...the new logo is very similar (with the addition of the State part).

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I brought this up a few months ago. I think they will have to change him... but, he is rarely naked these days. He has more outfits than Barbie! ;)

I am so used to him in clothes of some sort that when he walks around without them, I always tell ripvdub that Cy is naked.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Cant they give Cy a HUGE fiberglass head like our rivals to the east have had for the last 30 years? Can you imagine the headbutts Cy could laydown on opposing Mascots? Then we truly would have the fiercest mascot alive.

hawks_me_herky.jpg

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I think Herky looks goofy with a huge head and a normal sized body... Definitly out of proportion imo.

aeroclone08

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Wichita, KS
Those suits are really expensive so it might be a few years before they all get replaced. Until then I would guess he'll just wear something all the time to cover it up. I'm also wondering if he'll get a new color scheme on his head since there's a lot of blue up there, but it would look kinda weird with the new darker cardinal like the new punching Cy logo.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I agree with you, and I really hope we become a nationally recognized brand. But you gotta believe that the wordmark logo on Cy currently is going to be swapped out to the I-State logo, as with all of the old logos eventually being phased out.

But I tell you, I cannot wait to see the new uniforms in person next fall, and I just thought Cy should also be a part of the new change and direction.

Actually both Cy and Clone that preceded current Cy had a gold "I" on their chests. So this would be sort of a throw back to that anyway.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Those suits are really expensive so it might be a few years before they all get replaced. Until then I would guess he'll just wear something all the time to cover it up. I'm also wondering if he'll get a new color scheme on his head since there's a lot of blue up there, but it would look kinda weird with the new darker cardinal like the new punching Cy logo.

Ya, that darker cardinal is not great. Why not just use black? All the past Cy's had this color. I mean it is a cardinal...that is what color it really is.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I brought this up a few months ago. I think they will have to change him... but, he is rarely naked these days. He has more outfits than Barbie! ;)

I am so used to him in clothes of some sort that when he walks around without them, I always tell ripvdub that Cy is naked.

To me, the basketball jersey makes him look like he needs pants.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
How dare you call Rick Moranis a brother of Herky??!?!

You are talking about one of the greatest actors of our time.

Help Support Us

Become a patron