Will going bowling come down to TCU or WVU?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Bump the breaks a little,
Iowa was our worst opponent of the first 3 weeks.

Should have beat K-State.

Toledo-W
KU-Win
Tech- Toss
WVU-Toss (Right now leaning towards loss)
TCU- Leaning towards Loss,

We finish 4-8, we all drink the Kool-Aide going in to next year, because, why not we have the potential to be actually decent next year, it will hurt A LOT losing Bibbs.
Then if we have a bad year next year we can always say "wait till the next year, we should be good!"

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Paul would have to win 4 conference games for the first time in his career at ISU. I think he beats KU and Texas Tech. Also gets Toledo. Which means we need a win against 2 of these 3: @Texas, @TCU, WVU. Tall order. Could be a fun season ahead though.

None of those games are a sure L. And I'm including Texa$ in that.

I'm not saying we'll win all them, but it is possible :yes:

MntneerLegion

Dec 16, 2011
winning 5 conference games is a tall order for ISUFB.

WVU will be beat up again this year from the Big12 grind... we should expect a W.

Holgs has set numerous times we are as deep this year as we've ever been. That said we probably lost our best corner for at least the year so we'll see if he is right.

Even with throwing for over 500 yards they still were very lucky to beat a Maryland team that will be one of the worst teams in the b1G.

Yes, we squeaked out a win but we left a lot of points on the field....we should have beaten them much more. And as someone pointed out I think MD will do well in the B1G this year.

Cychedelia

Aug 26, 2014
Cedar Rapids
Holgs has set numerous times we are as deep this year as we've ever been. That said we probably lost our best corner for at least the year so we'll see if he is right.

Yes, we squeaked out a win but we left a lot of points on the field....we should have beaten them much more. And as someone pointed out I think MD will do well in the B1G this year.

The Big 12 beats up on anyone, that doesn't mean you guys aren't good.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
winning 5 conference games is a tall order for ISUFB.

WVU will be beat up again this year from the Big12 grind... we should expect a W.

Hopefully we only have to beat 4 assuming we beat Toledo.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I still haven't seen enough from the team yet to convince we we get more than 2 wins by the end of the year.

I still think KU is our only chance for another win. Please let me be very wrong on this....

Yeah, hate to be the downer, but we didn't just lose to NDSU, they pretty much wiped the field with us.

The KSU game was an improvement, but we still fell apart in the second half to blow that one. If it wouldn't have been for a crazy 2nd quarter, that game would have looked much worse than NDSU.

Iowa? I think a lot of people bought into the hype that most Iowa fans had going into the season. I never bought it, I knew they weren't good, but I will admit, I didn't give ISU much of a chance in that game anyways. All that game proved to me is that Iowa is worse than ISU. Iowa will struggle this year.

The Baylor game I think, willl be a good indicator of what this team is capable of. I just fear that no matter what happens, ISU doesn't score enough points to even make it a competetive game.

Again, hate to be a downer, but I think too many people are putting a lot of stock in beating Iowa. A lot of teams are going to beat Iowa this year.

QCCyclone

Feb 10, 2013
I would feel MUCH better about 6-6 if we could have pulled off the W against K State. We have to go at least .500 in our remaining 8 B12 games, which is a tall order considering 2 of those are top 10 teams. I'm sticking with where I was at the beginning of the season, 5-7.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
I think the verdict on KSU - legit top 20 team- is changing my view of our potential this year. I'd say getting to 6 wins is more possible than fans want to admit. I see 5 more winnable games on our schedule: Toledo, Texas, Kansas, TT (in Ames) brings us to 5. WVU in Ames will be very tough (as will Texas in Austin.) Between TCU and WVU which game is more winnable? I know nothing about TCU. WVU scares me.

Sure, let's just throw AT TEXAS into the win column to make the numbers work.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
OK guys, I love Iowa State, but let's all pump the breaks a bit.

First of all, mitya is probably just trolling to get people to say something stupid

Secondly, let's not put too much stock into the Iowa win. It was a rivalry game and anything can happen there. I can see all of the people screaming BOWL GAME going on a complete bender if we get smoked by Baylor which is a steep possibility.

Let's just take it one game at a time and not worry about a bowl game unless we get to the end of the season at 4-6 or better.

acody

Nov 25, 2006
Bump the breaks a little,
Iowa was our worst opponent of the first 3 weeks.

Should have beat K-State.

Toledo-W
KU-Win
Tech- Toss
WVU-Toss (Right now leaning towards loss)
TCU- Leaning towards Loss,

We finish 4-8, we all drink the Kool-Aide going in to next year, because, why not we have the potential to be actually decent next year, it will hurt A LOT losing Bibbs.

Correct. 4-8 at best. Don't get too excited about beating Iowa. They looked terrible the first three games.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Losing Farniok will hurt worse. The unit looks lost without their four year starter.

Next year though Lalk (I'm assuming) will have had an entire offseason and camp to focus only on being center. That should help out a whole lot with his ability to read defenses and make checks on the line.

mitya51

Oct 9, 2012
OK guys, I love Iowa State, but let's all pump the breaks a bit.

First of all, mitya is probably just trolling to get people to say something stupid

Secondly, let's not put too much stock into the Iowa win. It was a rivalry game and anything can happen there. I can see all of the people screaming BOWL GAME going on a complete bender if we get smoked by Baylor which is a steep possibility.

Let's just take it one game at a time and not worry about a bowl game unless we get to the end of the season at 4-6 or better.

Good points, but come on. humor me. . .

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
I think getting to 5 wins would be phenomenal but I just don't see six on the schedule this year. But we may have a shot if we catch an OSU, or WV Sleeping on us. I think Toledo, and Kansas are the only probable wins. Then we have "could maybe on a good day, great luck" maybe beat TTU and a TcU or Texas. It's too much luck to be realistic about.

Then factor in BIG12 officiating and ummmmm no.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron