Why this fan wants a Win against Colorado

EddieISU

Aug 16, 2008
Waukee "The Key", iowa
Colorado's a bubble team for the tourney and a loss to us would not be good for them. I figure it would be sweet revenge after what they did to us on Feb. 19, 2000.
That was when we played @ Colorado. We were 14-2, ranked #14 in the nation. Some guy named Jaquay Walls goes off for 42 points and we lose 102-90. And that of course was one of our 5 losses that season. Here's one fan who hopes we put a blemish on their record that they can always remember like I do from 11 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: kilgore_trout

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I want to see us win because that would be our 16th victory on the season, one more than McD ever gave us. It would also guarantee us at least a non-losing season in what feels like the first time in forever and a day. It might also put us in a better position for a CBI bid, should we choose to accept it. I personally think a NIT berth is out of the question.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I want to see us win because that would be our 16th victory on the season, one more than McD ever gave us. It would also guarantee us at least a non-losing season in what feels like the first time in forever and a day. It might also put us in a better position for a CBI bid, should we choose to accept it. I personally think a NIT berth is out of the question.

Didnt he win 16 in year one?

I agree with all of these reasons, including because its a win, not a loss. 2 conference wins is ugly, so is 3 but its less ugly. 4 would almost not be ugly.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Didnt he win 16 in year one?

I agree with all of these reasons, including because its a win, not a loss. 2 conference wins is ugly, so is 3 but its less ugly. 4 would almost not be ugly.

Courtesy of the official ISU athletic website.

2006-07 Iowa State Men’s Basketball Season In Review
First-year head coach Greg McDermott faced a daunting task as he entered his initial season as the mentor of the Cyclone basketball program...his predecessor, Wayne Morgan, was relieved of his duties a week after the 2005-06 season ended, leaving a sense of uncertainty of which players would be returning for the Cyclones...ISU had 13 scholarships allotted for the 2006-07 campaign, but after Morgan left, only five scholarship players were remaining, leaving McDermott and his staff in a giant hole as they moved to Ames...when the 2006-07 school year began, McDermott only had four scholarship players on his roster and he filled in many of the holes with signees in April, which is extremely late in the recruiting game...most preseason publications noticed the severe attrition within the ISU program, including the chore of replacing two 1,000-point scorers in Curtis Stinson and Will Blalock, who left with one year remaining to pursue life in professional basketball...ISU was picked to finish 11th in virtually every preseason Big 12 poll and a total rebuilding season looked to be in store...instead what ISU fans witnessed was a young team that played hard every night and never gave up until the final horn sounded...ISU ended the year tying for seventh in the Big 12, recording the same amount of conference wins it did the previous season, going 6-10...Iowa State (15-16, 6-10) began the season by winning its first six games, the ninth team in school history to win its first six contests

Ironically enough, looking back on it I actually felt good going forward after that season. That wasn't a bad year all things considered. That good feeling evaporated pretty quickly.

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Courtesy of the official ISU athletic website.

2006-07 Iowa State Men’s Basketball Season In Review
First-year head coach Greg McDermott faced a daunting task as he entered his initial season as the mentor of the Cyclone basketball program...his predecessor, Wayne Morgan, was relieved of his duties a week after the 2005-06 season ended, leaving a sense of uncertainty of which players would be returning for the Cyclones...ISU had 13 scholarships allotted for the 2006-07 campaign, but after Morgan left, only five scholarship players were remaining, leaving McDermott and his staff in a giant hole as they moved to Ames...when the 2006-07 school year began, McDermott only had four scholarship players on his roster and he filled in many of the holes with signees in April, which is extremely late in the recruiting game...most preseason publications noticed the severe attrition within the ISU program, including the chore of replacing two 1,000-point scorers in Curtis Stinson and Will Blalock, who left with one year remaining to pursue life in professional basketball...ISU was picked to finish 11th in virtually every preseason Big 12 poll and a total rebuilding season looked to be in store...instead what ISU fans witnessed was a young team that played hard every night and never gave up until the final horn sounded...ISU ended the year tying for seventh in the Big 12, recording the same amount of conference wins it did the previous season, going 6-10...Iowa State (15-16, 6-10) began the season by winning its first six games, the ninth team in school history to win its first six contests

Ironically enough, looking back on it I actually felt good going forward after that season. That wasn't a bad year all things considered. That good feeling evaporated pretty quickly.

That seems eerily similar to this year... :unsure:

cdekovic

Mar 25, 2006
Ames
Did this win cost us? If CU made it to the tourney, wouldn't the Big XII get more $$ to distribute?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Did this win cost us? If CU made it to the tourney, wouldn't the Big XII get more $$ to distribute?
Why is everyone so worried about possibly getting some of the money from their possible tournament appearance. I will take a win any day against teams leaving our conference.

Help Support Us

Become a patron