Why Louisville?

clonefanpaul

Omnipresent Lurker
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 28, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I really don't understand this love fest with TCU. I honestly see no upsides in adding them. They won't improve our TV Market as we already have Texas locked down. They don't have any form of strong national following. They have done well recently in football, but we don't need to add any more powerhouses to what is already the strongest football conference. On top of that, adding them would hurt ISU's recruiting in Texas. They would be yet another school for Texas recruits to go to before picking ISU.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
Louisville offers a new market, is geographically close to other Big 12 schools, it is not a school in Texas, already a BCS team (BCS caliber stadium, BCS money) Do I need to name any more?

Pretty much all things that Neinas said the XII is looking for in a conference addition.

Here is my issue . . as petty as it sounds . . I don't want any city schools in the conference. Why not Colorado State if someone is mentioning Utah State? Colorado State has part of the Denver market.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
This might be a dumbe question: How about Colorado State ? Not sure how popular the Univ is compared to CU but according to Wikipedia, the number of students is roughly the same. If we can pick a team in Colorado, AFA would be the first choice, but CSU is not a bad option either.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Here is my issue . . as petty as it sounds . . I don't want any city schools in the conference. Why not Colorado State if someone is mentioning Utah State? Colorado State has part of the Denver market.
Colorado State is to the Denver market what St. John's is to the New York City market.

And once again, without a conference network, footprint matters exactly zero.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

Not all state schools are created equal. Location and fan support matter when it comes to determining whether they are a fit.

UL fanbase is the smallest in the Big East, but is 50% larger than CSU's. Big 12 needs schools with significant support to justify being here. UL is probably as small as you could possibly go. I don't think the Big 12 should consider any school with a fan base rating lower than 60. Louisville is at 73, but is a logical fit in other ways. Baylor is at 85.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I really don't understand this love fest with TCU. I honestly see no upsides in adding them. They won't improve our TV Market as we already have Texas locked down. They don't have any form of strong national following. They have done well recently in football, but we don't need to add any more powerhouses to what is already the strongest football conference. On top of that, adding them would hurt ISU's recruiting in Texas. They would be yet another school for Texas recruits to go to before picking ISU.

TCU is to the Big 12 as Iowa State is to the Big Ten

If it's just adding 1-2 teams doesn't make sense for the league other than geography and culture.

If either conference were to add 3-4 teams that are all new large markets, and need one team to even out the numbers and be a geographic/cultural fit...then TCU makes sense in the Big 12 or ISU might be an even better fit to be that team for the Big Ten.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
1) Because they are not in Texas.

2) Arkansas will not leave the SEC.

3) Houston/Utah State???

I wouldn't mind getting TCU, however.
TCU? I like church schools. They seem to have ethics like Baylor and Ken Starr. BYU and ND seems to be straight shooters also.