Why it doesn't matter who KXNO picks...

cyclone1975

Feb 4, 2007
Ankeny
Shudder to think, but I find myself listening to more and more of 1700 because they don't have those huge blocks of commercials.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Shudder to think, but I find myself listening to more and more of 1700 because they don't have those huge blocks of commercials.

Unfortunately, they do have huge blocks of Larry Cotlar. Sometimes I'd rather listen to commericals.

AdRock4Cy

Jul 21, 2010
Ankeny
They also need to change their background music on updates: news and scores. I think it's been the same for 5 years.

Also, get rid of those Michael Bolton commercials! I change the station every time! I mean MICHAEL FREAKING BOLTON! yeesh c'mon. If you are listening to sports talk radio, chances are you're not gonna be convinced into going to Michael Bolton concert by being inundated by those commercials every 10 min.

*** Clown.

SmokinH2O

Oct 10, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
I was driving to work today from 6:40-7:15 and actually turned the radio. Not sure who was talking but it sounded like an older fella rehashing his glory years and thanking a fellow reporter for lending him a computer one time. Most boring talk I think I've hear. I was actually looking forward to the Michael Bolton commercial.

All I wanted to hear was some honest sports talk about last weeks games or this weeks games coming up and all I can say is WIFF!:nah:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
KXNO is slowly losing my listener-ship. They run SO many commercials. I understand paying your bills, but they need to break them up more or do something! At least when I listen to Marty in the afternoons, there seems to be less commercial time.

I usually leave about 6:50 for work and get there at 7:10. In that time, KXNO runs commercials from 6:50 to about 6:56 and then from 6:58 until about 7:05....its rediculous.

farmerbrent

Feb 29, 2008
Why it doesn't matter what is written on CF....

Each day as I look from thread to thread, all I see is a lot of ******** and moaning about anything and everything. Next it's more ******** and moaning about the before said ******** and moaning and so on and so on. Then I start ******** and moaning about all the time I wasted reading the endless circle of ******** and moaning, prooving to myself my utter hypocrisy. I guess we all just like to *****. Even me.

soccercy

Apr 20, 2006
KXNO is slowly losing my listener-ship. They run SO many commercials. I understand paying your bills, but they need to break them up more or do something! At least when I listen to Marty in the afternoons, there seems to be less commercial time.

I usually leave about 6:50 for work and get there at 7:10. In that time, KXNO runs commercials from 6:50 to about 6:56 and then from 6:58 until about 7:05....its rediculous.

Yeah, I never understood coming back for two minutes between 10 minute commercial breaks, there isn't enough time to discuss anything, can't do an interview, they basically just kill time then throw it back to commercials, that always got me too