Why it doesn't matter who KXNO picks...

soccercy

Apr 20, 2006
I drive from Norwalk to West Des Moines near Jordan Creek for my commute every morning, about 15-20 minutes depending on traffic. Left driveway at 7:07 this morning, got to the parking lot about 7:24. Only thing I heard on KXNO was weather report, traffic report, Fox Sports report and a bunch of commercials. As I was getting out of the car they finally came back on to introduce the hosts and Kiss Chuck Hartlieb's rear, never ever heard a comment or question the entire commute.

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
I drive from Norwalk to West Des Moines near Jordan Creek for my commute every morning, about 15-20 minutes depending on traffic. Left driveway at 7:07 this morning, got to the parking lot about 7:24. Only thing I heard on KXNO was weather report, traffic report, Fox Sports report and a bunch of commercials. As I was getting out of the car they finally came back on to introduce the hosts and Kiss Chuck Hartlieb's rear, never ever heard a comment or question the entire commute.

Oh... well... glad to know the world revolves around you.:wacko:

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny

This is the #1 reason I don't listen as well. I have a 15 minute commute and I would hear about 2-3 minutes of actual sports talk during that time. Thats why I listen to Mike and Mike on my commute.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

I listened at this exact time as well. Finally switched after hearing nothing of substance. The way they bunch commericials up is mind-boggling. What's wrong with spacing them out, and holding interview guests through a couple of them?

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
I was surprised they took a break 10 minutes past the hour today. Thats why Steve and I always went 7:06 to at least 7:30

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I'm not sure who those guys were, but the one dude absolutely kissed Dan Mac's butt the entire interview. He didn't even really ask him questions, just professed his love.

Reactions: Wesley

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Typical for station associated with WHO, mostly commercials and self promotion, little content.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
I like KXNO, but they definitely want to ensure that all of those bills are paid. Very commercial happy. Hopefully that means that they pay their personalities well.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I'm not sure who those guys were, but the one dude absolutely kissed Dan Mac's butt the entire interview. He didn't even really ask him questions, just professed his love.
That doesn't sound right. :spinny: Are you sure?

Colossus

Jan 16, 2010
They also need to change their background music on updates: news and scores. I think it's been the same for 5 years.

Also, get rid of those Michael Bolton commercials! I change the station every time! I mean MICHAEL FREAKING BOLTON! yeesh c'mon. If you are listening to sports talk radio, chances are you're not gonna be convinced into going to Michael Bolton concert by being inundated by those commercials every 10 min.

Colossus

Jan 16, 2010
They also need to change their background music on updates: news and scores. I think it's been the same for 5 years.

Also, get rid of those Michael Bolton commercials! I change the station every time! I mean MICHAEL FREAKING BOLTON! yeesh c'mon. If you are listening to sports talk radio, chances are you're not gonna be convinced into going to Michael Bolton concert by being inundated by those commercials every 10 min.

Why do I have the sudden urge to go to ticketmaster right now....

soccercy

Apr 20, 2006
Oh... well... glad to know the world revolves around you.:wacko:

Okay, thanks for adding something of substance to the conversation...
Point being, doesn't matter who is on the air if all they are going to do is identify the station then go to commercial break...but I can see how that revolves around me?

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
Okay, thanks for adding something of substance to the conversation...
Point being, doesn't matter who is on the air if all they are going to do is identify the station then go to commercial break...but I can see how that revolves around me?

Well to the people who do commute from 6:00 to 7:07, and 7:24 to 8:00 it does matter who they pick.

IAPrepGuy

Apr 30, 2010
Waukee
IMO it's a huge deal to anyone who is interested in sports across the state. Driving, on Podcast, or using Iheart app - it's nice to hear quality opinions from honest guys that care about Iowa sports- not Boston, the SEC, or the 1979 college football season.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0R88UqXRZ0]YouTube - Office Space Michael Bolton[/ame]

Klonz

Nov 9, 2006
Grimes, IA

Yes, that was Ron Maly who was interviewing for the job. He dissed ISU every other comment for moving on from Dan and kissed Mac's rear the whole time.

Always interesting how the NON-paying press has such a strong opinion about how things should be run.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron