Why haven't we heard from the BOR or Gartner?

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
I think they need to come out and say something on the issue. Isn't the owner of this site in tight with Gartner?

In the end I doubt it matters but I would like to see the BOR force Sally Mason into a symbolic "no" vote on admitting Nebraska into the B10.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
I think they need to come out and say something on the issue. Isn't the owner of this site in tight with Gartner?

In the end I doubt it matters but I would like to see the BOR force Sally Mason into a symbolic "no" vote on admitting Nebraska into the B10.

In their silence, they have already said it all - "Sorry ISU, sucks to be you."

sunnydaze46

Jan 16, 2007
Time to move on and focus on the future. Explore options, develop strategies, and find the best fit for ISU. Symbolic gestures by politicans only creates more animosity and distracts people from the potential of their new beginning IF the B12 is even going somewhere. Nebraska leaving is not Iowa's problem, it is ISU's challenge through the B12 first and then identifying other opportunities. Doors close, doors open.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006

Doesn't David Miles have a box at Kinnick?

R1975P

Aug 17, 2009
Irvington
The BOR???? They said put more$$$$ in athletics or ELSE, or else what. They are also the people that MADE ISU sell channel 5 TV, remember. I still look at 5 as our station.
I believe ISU will be ok when things settle out, maybe not where we want to be, but ok. The wrestling program will see the biggest hit if we are out of the Big 12 and with none wrestling schools. It would be tough.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
The BOR???? They said put more$$$$ in athletics or ELSE, or else what. They are also the people that MADE ISU sell channel 5 TV, remember. I still look at 5 as our station.
I believe ISU will be ok when things settle out, maybe not where we want to be, but ok. The wrestling program will see the biggest hit if we are out of the Big 12 and with none wrestling schools. It would be tough.

Or they make ISU part of the U of I system a la University of Wisconsin.

a fan

Apr 11, 2006
The Board of Regents have a anti-ISU slant and a strong Iowa one. They have no intention of doing anything to help ISU out in this situation. If we end up in a lower tier athletic conferance it will mean they can make more cuts to ISU both athletically and more importantly academically. How many more cuts can they make to ISU and have it remain as a high status academic institution? And with Branstad as the new Govenor things will only get worse. Remember what he and Pomerantz did to ISU before? All this is playing into ISU being really decimated. Good bye Fred, Bill, Paul, Christy....
Don't count on the BOR......Pollard and Geoffrey are going to have to hit some homeruns everytime at bat in the next days and weeks.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
The Board of Regents have a anti-ISU slant and a strong Iowa one. They have no intention of doing anything to help ISU out in this situation. If we end up in a lower tier athletic conferance it will mean they can make more cuts to ISU both athletically and more importantly academically. How many more cuts can they make to ISU and have it remain as a high status academic institution? And with Branstad as the new Govenor things will only get worse. Remember what he and Pomerantz did to ISU before? All this is playing into ISU being really decimated. Good bye Fred, Bill, Paul, Christy....
Don't count on the BOR......Pollard and Geoffrey are going to have to hit some homeruns everytime at bat in the next days and weeks.

Finally, someone who gets it. As I stated yesterday; ISU out of a BCS conference and this bad economy gives Branstad cover to finish what he tried to start in the late 80's. Imagine what kind of ammo the BOR has if we're totally surrounded by CIC universities (Lincoln, Columbia, Iowa City, Minneapolis) to say "lets just bag it, make 'em part of U of I".

There is precedence for this.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Finally, someone who gets it. As I stated yesterday; ISU out of a BCS conference and this bad economy gives Branstad cover to finish what he tried to start in the late 80's. Imagine what kind of ammo the BOR has if we're totally surrounded by CIC universities (Lincoln, Columbia, Iowa City, Minneapolis) to say "lets just bag it, make 'em part of U of I".

While I think this is a bit overreatcting, if it ever came to pass that Branstad got his U of I system, I just couldn't bring myself to be a fan of University of Iowa-Ames...

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
While I think this is a bit overreatcting, if it ever came to pass that Branstad got his U of I system, I just couldn't bring myself to be a fan of University of Iowa-Ames...

I hope so. I never thought UNL would be a CIC university...

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
can someone explain to me what makes Wisconsin unique? i guess i don't understand what you guys are talking about when you talk about combining the schools or whatever.

thx

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
can someone explain to me what makes Wisconsin unique? i guess i don't understand what you guys are talking about when you talk about combining the schools or whatever.

thx

They're not. Minnesota has a system, Nebraska has a system; and if Terry Branstad and Marvin Pomerantz had had their way ISU would look a lot like the University of Nebraska @ Omaha (UNO).

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
They're not. Minnesota has a system, Nebraska has a system; and if Terry Branstad and Marvin Pomerantz had had their way ISU would look a lot like the University of Nebraska @ Omaha (UNO).

I am not completely connviced that this isn't the only angle to save ISU the school (not the athletics). At least this would keep the research money coming. Would be sad to scrap the football stadium but it isn't going to be 1/2 full in 5 years anyway.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Sad, but true.

Why live in Iowa after college?

It's funny isn't it? Iowa leaders have been harping on how important it is to create a better job climate and keep young Iowans from leaving. Allowing this to happen to ISU is extremely counterproductive to this vision

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I am not completely connviced that this isn't the only angle to save ISU the school (not the athletics). At least this would keep the research money coming. Would be sad to scrap the football stadium but it isn't going to be 1/2 full in 5 years anyway.

No way.
I would rather ISU go for quantity over quality.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

IF that happened and ISU basically became the sideshow to Iowa and all Cyclone athletics were basically disbanded as an Iowan I still would not ever for a freaking second cheer for the hawks. Never.