rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Do we really care though? I have no desire to have Iowa kids just because they are from Iowa. And I don’t know that I want someone who wants to go to iowa. It shows s lack of basketball IQ.
? he didn't say that.
I think it is interesting there is a lack of bball talent in central Iowa and the reason behind that. It would certainly help ISU if central Iowa produced legit power 5 bball recruits.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
My Favorite one from Johnny on Iowa Kids.

*Paraphrasing*

"There were 5 kids from Iowa we wanted, 3 came to Ames, 1 couldn't make it into school, and the other one went to Iowa, which is like not getting into school?
The end was “which is the same thing. “

• Agree
Reactions: Yellow Snow

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Tyreke Locure is a good talent but is limited by his size. I think I heard Dowling has a freshman that's going to be a really good one. It seems, to me, that Central Iowa focuses on football whereas Eastern Iowa focuses more on basketball.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
ISU would have taken Gatens, Gesell, Woodbury, Uthoff, Jok, Wieskamp and the younger McCaffery if the situation presented itself.

They may have taken them but it doesn't mean they would have played muck or at all. I think for both sides it is better the way it turned out.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
ISU would have taken Gatens, Gesell, Woodbury, Uthoff, Jok, Wieskamp and the younger McCaffery if the situation presented itself.

I know, they had to settle for guys like DeAndre Kane, George Niang, Naz Long, Matt Thomas, Dustin Hogue, Abdul Nader, Jameel McKay, Monte Morris, Melvin Ejim, Nick Babb, Deandre Jackson, Cameron Lard, Solomon Young, Jakolby Long, Terrence Lewis, Lyndell Wiggington and other scrubs. Man, wish we had those Iowa boys. :cool:

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
You keep saying this...

Gatens - Yes
Jok - Absolutely
Uthoff - No doubt

Woodbury and Gessell?

e1feea2df73447797ac9ebf37b09848a--randy-jackson-sassy-quotes.jpg

If we took them, and then had the same players we ended up with, those Iowa boys probably would've all transferred to Iowa, Drake or UNI. Who would Uthoff play over? Niang? Nader? Doubt it. Uthoff played well the first half of his senior year, and then went into the witness protection program. Other than that, he wasn't that good. Same with Jok.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
If we took them, and then had the same players we ended up with, those Iowa boys probably would've all transferred to Iowa, Drake or UNI. Who would Uthoff play over? Niang? Nader? Doubt it. Uthoff played well the first half of his senior year, and then went into the witness protection program. Other than that, he wasn't that good. Same with Jok.

You are looking at everything in hindsight. During those players' senior years, they were highly sought after and most D1 programs would have gladly taken them.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
You are looking at everything in hindsight. During those players' senior years, they were highly sought after and most D1 programs would have gladly taken them.

I love it, doubling down on stupidity.

Are you using the same 'highly sought after' rating used for Garza and Nunge?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
You could have maybe gotten away with this if you hadn't included Gesell and The 'Burry.

Their college careers weren't great, but Woodbury was a huge recruit and Gessell was a very solid get also. Most D1 programs would have easily taken either one or both at the time.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Their college careers weren't great, but Woodbury was a huge recruit and Gessell was a very solid get also. Most D1 programs would have easily taken either one or both at the time.

Your delusional but that is your problem.

So you think the problem is more that Fran can bring in Championship level talent but doesn't know how to use or develop it?

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I think it's safe to say, that of the 7 Iowa guys on the hawkeye roster right now, Iowa State had little to no interest in any of them, for good reason.

• Winner
Reactions: heitclone

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO

And while your at it, what do you think all this elite talent saw in the Hok basketball program and Fran they enticed them to play there?

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010

Uthoff averaged 19 points 6 boards his last 16 games. He averaged 18/6 his first 17.
Jok average 17 points 5 boards 3 assists his last 16 games. He averaged 22/6/2 his first 16.

Not exactly "witness protection." Those numbers would have found on home on our roster.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloned

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron