Why do we cater to Celebs?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
According to New York Post

February 18, 2008 -- JENNIFER Lopez is about to pop out twins, and that has North Shore University Hospital on Long Island in a tizzy. A staffer there says a private room - furnished especially for the mom-to-be with a luscious brown leather couch - has been sitting empty for two weeks now. The room is reserved for the diva. "No one's even allowed in there until she gets here. It's just sitting there for her," said the employee. The hospital, which reportedly beefed up security recently, had no comment.

Honestly, why do we give them their way. The room has been empty for two weeks. Think of the mothers who have been turned away or have been put in mop closets so that Jennifer Lopez can live extravagantly. Are we ever going to hit a point where this crap will end?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Are we ever going to hit a point where this crap will end?

No. :(

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Celebs are the U.S. American's (such as) Royality, Its like talking about winning the lottery people like to live vicareously (sp?)

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
According to New York Post

February 18, 2008 -- JENNIFER Lopez is about to pop out twins, and that has North Shore University Hospital on Long Island in a tizzy. A staffer there says a private room - furnished especially for the mom-to-be with a luscious brown leather couch - has been sitting empty for two weeks now. The room is reserved for the diva. "No one's even allowed in there until she gets here. It's just sitting there for her," said the employee. The hospital, which reportedly beefed up security recently, had no comment.

Honestly, why do we give them their way. The room has been empty for two weeks. Think of the mothers who have been turned away or have been put in mop closets so that Jennifer Lopez can live extravagantly. Are we ever going to hit a point where this crap will end?

Tell me about it, I can't stand it. I'm in the Alfred Hitchcock point of view. He once said. "Actor's should be treated like cattle. All they need to do is hit their marks and say their lines."

Some other good quotes from Hitchcock.

http://hitchcock.tv/quotes/quotes.html

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
I do think if any of us were to shell out the kind of money she probably is we would be able to get the same treatment.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Maybe they drop the money for it. If you pay enough people will do anything for you.

For healthcare it should be whos next in line. If my wife gets shoved out because some celebrity wants to take up six rooms for fun, that should be illegal. Its absolute crap. I cant remember what celeb did it recently but they took up a few rooms to have a baby delivered away from those they considered beneath them.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I love how it's apparently ok to have kids with multiple people that are dating at the time, but if we hear of someone that isn't famous that has a kid and isn't married, it's looked down upon. I think celebrities (especially sports figures) are the definition of double standards.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
Your somewhat in the industry who's fault is it. Agents, movie producers or the fans.

A lot of actors get whatever they want because the producers know that they are going to make them money in the long run just because of their name. The actors are bad because they act all sweet in person, and then call their agent and ***** about the size of their trailer. The agents/managers don't care about anybody except making their 10-20%. The fans are at fault because they love these actors and go see their movies when half of the most popular celebs are some of the most egotistical, meanest and evil people you would ever know, but Fans adore them and think they are awesome. Some of the Big Name actors are really cool and take their job very seriously, and others don't even want to be there. Take Lohan for example, she had to be threatened before she would even show up for work. Kudos to the Morgan Creek president though. (See Link Below)

Lindsay Lohan: 'Georgia Rule' Producer Calls ******** On Lohan's 'Dehydration'

To answer your question, I'd say that it's the Actors and Fans fault. The fans believing that some of their favorites are actually like the nice people they play on screen. And the actors for taking advantage of the fans.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I've never personally catered to a celeb.

And I question any news or media outlet that justifies their endless coverage of Anna Nicole's death, Paris' jail term, Lindsey's whatever, or so and so's such and such - by saying "the public wants to know"

Not the public I live in. We couldn't care less.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I've never personally catered to a celeb.

And I question any news or media outlet that explains their endless coverage of Anna Nicole's death, Paris' jail term, Lindsey's whatever, or so and so's such and such with "the public wants to know"

Not the public I live in. We couldn't care less.

I agree that it doesnt affect us in normal occasions. But when someone gets away with all sorts of crime, taking health facilities away from everyday people, etc it does affect us.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Hey, I don't give a rip if Celebs personal lives and foibles are "catered to". It's when we start actually listening to their OPINIONS about political matters that I start to wonder where the world we are coming to.

What makes "Sam the bartender" and Jeanine Garafolo authorities on anything? All they ever did is act. And Garafolo had like a minor part in like one movie....

Last edited:

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
I'm not trying to defend them, but try to look at it from the hospital's perspective. Would you, as a medical treatment center, want hundreds of photographers and whomever else running around, trying to get a peek? It's logistically easier to confine activity to one room, where it's easier for the governing entity to control things. Now, having it empty for this long of a period of time seems a tad excessive, but from an administrative perspective, I can at least see why they would do this.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I see people magazine offered JLo 6 million to get the first shots of the twins. Good grief. Think of what charity could do with 6 million dollars. Brad and Angelina got 4 million and they donated it all to charity...hats off to them. JLo most likely will take her 6 million and coat her car with leather and diamonds.

mjlane

Apr 21, 2006
I'm not trying to defend them, but try to look at it from the hospital's perspective. Would you, as a medical treatment center, want hundreds of photographers and whomever else running around, trying to get a peek? It's logistically easier to confine activity to one room, where it's easier for the governing entity to control things. Now, having it empty for this long of a period of time seems a tad excessive, but from an administrative perspective, I can at least see why they would do this.

Maternity wards are under very strict security, so there's really no way that a photographer could even get onto the same floor, let alone near the room. A little extra security at the entrances would probably prevent them from even entering the building.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron