• AJ Green

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Someone else

Votes: 14 17.5%

• Total voters

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Trade, trade, trade if possible. This is the worst year I can remember for a sure-fire #1 pick. Are some nice picks there, but none I would spend #1 money on.

That's the problem if you're trying to trade down out of it. If the Panthers haven't settled on one guy yet as a sure thing, then chances are nobody else has either. The year that Alex Smith went #1 overall was the worst year I can remember for a lack of a clear-cut top guy. Of course, that's the same draft that had Aaron Rodgers go at #25 to the Packers so clearly there was some talent in that group.

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
I selcted Dareus, but peterson would be ok as well.

If I'm the pathers I just spent a high draft pick on Clausen, why not give him some more time? Plus I think Newton is going to be a bust. He just doesnt seem bright enough to make it in the NFL, and he will be playing against 11 people who are just as gifted athletically as he is in the NFL.

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
Trade, trade, trade if possible. This is the worst year I can remember for a sure-fire #1 pick. Are some nice picks there, but none I would spend #1 money on.

Unless the CBA is figured out today trading is not an option right? Or is it that you can trade current players for a draft pick

VIKSNCY

Apr 20, 2011
Ames
This discussion begins and ends with Stanzi. The guy is just a playmaker cut from the Brady mold. If there was ever such a thing as a guarantee with a draft pick, Stanzi would be it. He glides around the football field like a surfer riding Pacific waves. It just flows so smoothly. He has ice in his veins coarsing through his All American prototypical NFL QB physique. I can only imagine how many Superbowl rings he will accumulate during his extensive NFL career. Could it reach double figures?? I think so!
Gentlemen, you've heard the names Unitas, Staubach, Montana, Favre, Manning, Brady. Prepare to experience true greatness in one Rick Stanzi. A once in a lifetime player!

Ha this is hilarious! After reading this, you have to take him at #1!

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Carolina need a quarterback more than anything else. That being said they should not take Newton. This guy is going to be a major bust in the NFL

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Unless the CBA is figured out today trading is not an option right? Or is it that you can trade current players for a draft pick

They can still trade picks, they just can't have players involved. So Carolina could trade the #1 pick for say the #5 and a 6/7th round pick.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

As I understand it you can only deal picks in this year's draft...no future picks or players. However, everything might have changed in the last 48 hours after the ruling from Judge Nelson.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I really wouldn't want the #1 pick in this draft.

Agreed. Only way it would be nice to have this year is if you are a team in the top 1/3 of the league, and were looking for a final piece (a cornerback, for instance). But for a team looking to rebuild, and needs serious help almost everywhere? No sure-fire cornerstones (Peterson would be if he were that good at another position, but it's tough to say that about a cornerback, no matter how good he is.).

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I really wouldn't want the #1 pick in this draft.

With the current rookie wage scale, I don't think I'd ever want the top overall pick. Even for a player who's a "sure thing", that is way too much to invest in a guy who hasn't set foot on the practice field yet.

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
If you are the Panthers, who do you take?

for the first 2 rounds i take my perceived best player on the board... 3-7 i take needs. you severly limit the odds of getting a great player by selecting based primarly on position... its simple math.

i take
1. Peterson
2. Prince A Nebraska CB
3. Bama D tackle
4. Cam
5. J Watts wisky Dend

I dont like Gabbert, but you just dont ever know. I like Locker over Gabbert.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
for the first 2 rounds i take my perceived best player on the board... 3-7 i take needs. you severly limit the odds of getting a great player by selecting based primarly on position... its simple math.

i take
1. Peterson
2. Prince A Nebraska CB
3. Bama D tackle
4. Cam
5. J Watts wisky Dend

I dont like Gabbert, but you just dont ever know. I like Locker over Gabbert.

I still like Gabbert over Locker. Physically, Locker is a lot like JaMarcus Russell. HUGE arm, no accuracy, and though Locker is a much better overall athlete, quarterbacks in the NFL typically don't get to utilize freak speed (if they have it to begin with). I won't call him the next Russell, because Locker comes off as a guy that will bust his a** to get better. I just don't see him having that good of a career at quarterback.