Who will have a better record next year, ISU MBB or Iowa MBB?

Who will have a better record next year, ISU MBB or Iowa MBB?

• ISU

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Iowa

Votes: 161 62.4%

• Total voters

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I never said he would be good. All I was saying is I haven't read anywhere that he was considering hanging it up. And I have read your posts about Grill on the basketball board. Those are something to admire if you want to go down that road.
Nunge is a stretch 4 who can't shoot. To be fair Grill at Iowa State was a guard who couldn't shoot or dribble

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

acody

Nov 25, 2006
Haha what about Grill? That he could be a nice piece off the bench for us? He’s an okay shooter and could continue to get better?

I don’t think I’ve really said anything too crazy about Grill.

We’ve seen Grill. Not good.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I think Nunge actually had a pretty bright future..... until all of his injuries.
Well he wasn't going to be Garza, but sure he probably would have been a solid starter in the Big 10 by his natural Jr year without the injuries. I'll allow it.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Is ISU going to have the better team by default? With Nunge now transferring, they have no bigs left. Weiskamp out and there's still the uncertainty around Fredrick. Is the starting lineup going to consist of all Murray's and McCaffreys?

So now both teams next year will be decided by success in the transfer portal. I'll take Otz over Fran in that battle.

• Informative
Reactions: stateofmind

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Is ISU going to have the better team by default? With Nunge now transferring, they have no bigs left. Weiskamp out and there's still the uncertainty around Fredrick. Is the starting lineup going to consist of all Murray's and McCaffreys?

So now both teams next year will be decided by success in the transfer portal. I'll take Otz over Fran in that battle.
Both teams are on pace to be bad next year

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Both teams are on pace to be bad next year
Yeah until we know whether Hunter is here next year and know who TJo gets in the transfer market, we really can’t make any predictions.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
He’s not the player he was as a true freshman. I do agree though he was not good at all when we last some him play in cardinal and gold lol.

No, he is not.....and was not. And if you spent anytime watching some MWC he still isn't the type of player that jumps out of screen, makes you sit up and go......WOW. Outside of maybe New Mexico, Air Force and San Jose St. at any one time there were easily 6-8 players on the floor better than him.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
No, he is not.....and was not. And if you spent anytime watching some MWC he still isn't the type of player that jumps out of screen, makes you sit up and go......WOW. Outside of maybe New Mexico, Air Force and San Jose St. at any one time there were easily 6-8 players on the floor better than him.
I watched Caleb in a few games this year and I’ve spent a bit of time watching some full game highlights (which will be a waste if he doesn’t come here) lol. Either way, I thought he looked average / okay.

I think he could help us in some areas next year. Obviously he’s not going to be a program changer.