WHO-TV's Sonya Heitshusen & Eric Wheater arrested for OWI

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Did their mugs make the 'Who's been booked?" segment of the news?

I know you said this in jest, but I specifically watched for the segment last night to see if maybe it's an automated thing they have that just pulls mugshots from the PCJ's website without any input from WHO staff. Unfortunately, I left disappointed.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
Leave 'em alone. They are people just like anyone else and just because they are on tv doesn't give people the right to take pot shots at them. Joe Employee from Wellmark gets busted and no one cares. Just because their job puts them in front of a camera and not behind a desk doesn't make them a bigger target. Trust me, it gets old when people feel they have the right to say whatever they want about people you are close to.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Leave 'em alone. They are people just like anyone else and just because they are on tv doesn't give people the right to take pot shots at them. Joe Employee from Wellmark gets busted and no one cares. Just because their job puts them in front of a camera and not behind a desk doesn't make them a bigger target. Trust me, it gets old when people feel they have the right to say whatever they want about people you are close to.

You mean like what the media does EVERY SINGLE DAY?

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive

You're exactly right. Driving drunk on our roads gives people the right.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Didn't say what they did was right but why start a thread? Let's start one about everybody who got busted for OWI over the weekend then.

we've had them for players who had noise complaints against them. I'd say this qualifies as worthy of a summer thread.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Didn't say what they did was right but why start a thread? Let's start one about everybody who got busted for OWI over the weekend then.

Because they are well know public figures....just like all the ISU and Iowa athletes who have been busted for an OWI, who coincidentally enough get their own thread on CF, and some face time on Channel 13 news.

Cyfan1843

Jun 30, 2009
Ames
1 Don't think they should be fired lots of people have these issues
2 needs to be talked about they go after everyone else's dirty laundry Aaron Brobeck was on some guys lawn last night calling him a slum lord.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
1 Don't think they should be fired lots of people have these issues
2 needs to be talked about they go after everyone else's dirty laundry Aaron Brobeck was on some guys lawn last night calling him a slum lord.

Thats known as a Monday for Brilbeck.

Last edited:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I find it incredibly ironic that WHO has yet to report on the Matt Thomas OWI. Must of decided to skip this one as they knew they would receive a ton of backlash.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
You're exactly right. Driving drunk on our roads gives people the right.

This. You screw up, you got to face the music just like the rest of us.

On a side note, it is very interesting reading this thread and the Matt Thomas OWI thread, the differing attitudes towards it

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
This. You screw up, you got to face the music just like the rest of us.

On a side note, it is very interesting reading this thread and the Matt Thomas OWI thread, the differing attitudes towards it

I don't think the actual views are any different. I think that most of the people mad about it here and not when it comes to Matt Thomas are not mad about the actual drinking and driving but rather the hypocrisy of WHO not reporting it.

Now I will give WHO credit because I haven't seen them mention it but in the past this would have been a big story for them.

Help Support Us

Become a patron