Who is your midseason Big 12 All-Conference team?

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
If it was decided on stats Pierre Jackson from Baylor would've been on first team last year. Led the league in points and assists

32Cyclone Fan

Jan 31, 2008
As it turns out W. Virginia played almost all of their games from teams that ended at the bottom of the Big 12. After 9 games they had only played 1 game with the top four teams in the league and that was a home game with Texas. Prior to last night's game with Oklahoma in game 10 they W. Virginia still hadn't sampled Kansas, Oklahoma or Iowa State and only played Texas once. The last half of their schedule unless some teams drop out of the top 25 seven of their 9 remaining games are against top 25 teams. Unless W. Virginia has improved from their 8-5 non conference record 0-4 against ranked teams before defeating Oklahoma last night I think it will be difficult for Staten to compare to some of the other point guards.

As for the two Kansas players most mentioned to be on the first time. Even though he is Kansas leading scorer I don't know if Wiggins she be on the first team. He plays big in one game like against ISU and disappears the next. He has been 6-25 in his last two games since playing at Hilton. In the last game I was watching he was 1-10 shooting before making a 3/4 court shot that kind of woke him up and he has few rebounds in those two games one for a loss to Texas.

Remember their is an all freshman team, a all defensive team and a 6th man award. With the changes in the ISU starting line up I'm not sure any of our three guards would be eligible for the 6th man award though Monte Morris would probably be the most likely to win that if he hasn't started to many games by then.

Last edited:

drbishop4isu

Feb 4, 2014
Big XII 1st team should look like this:
Kane
Smart
Wiggins
Holmes
Embiid

2nd team:
Hield
Staten
Ejim
Nash
Ridley

3rd team
Harris
Brown
Clark
Ellis
Jefferson

snubbed who had a good argument to be there: Georges Niang, ISU Thomas Gipson, KSU Jaye Crockett TTU Marcus Foster KSU Kyan Anderson TCU

I just think it will be this way. They won't pick only players from the top 4 teams, which is why guys like Jefferson, Harris, Staten etc. get in.

drbishop4isu

Feb 4, 2014
All frosh team:
PG Monte
SG Foster
SF Wiggins (dur)
PF Williams <--WVU
C Embiid

Honorable mention: Shepard, TCU

jatrain

Feb 8, 2010
1st team

Embiid
Wiggins
Smart (rep gets him it)
Kane

Last spot goes to Ejim, Staten, or Holmes depending on which team separates itself down the stretch.