Who is in the (BIG) Cyclone Camp?

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Literally almost every Iowa alum and fan that I’ve talked to wants Iowa State in the Big 10. People need to learn that fans who post on social media apps aren’t representative of the whole- it’s a vocal minority and it consists of trolls.

Honestly, it would probably help convert the more casual fans.

Personally, if ISU switched, and competed against Midwestern teams, I know who would be my favorite team in the conference. The biggest reason I've remained an Iowa fan is because I love **** talking family and friends who went to and/or follow sconnie and Minny.

20eyes

May 15, 2020

Personally, if ISU switched, and competed against Midwestern teams, I know who would be my favorite team in the conference. The biggest reason I've remained an Iowa fan is because I love **** talking family and friends who went to and/or follow sconnie and Minny.
Wait, wut?...Southern in Cardinal and Gold??? This has to happen, yesterday!!!

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
All this talk about divisions, but 16 team conferences would have to be considering pods, no?
Eight teams each division plus two protected rivals on the other side would keep it at nine games while nine conference games is still acceptable.

But I think soon it will be 12 games against conference only opponents. The days of hosting UNI or traveling to UNLV are ending.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Whoever is playing ISU?

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
Literally almost every Iowa alum and fan that I’ve talked to wants Iowa State in the Big 10. People need to learn that fans who post on social media apps aren’t representative of the whole- it’s a vocal minority and it consists of trolls.

this has been my experience as well. Shocked the hell out of me. So props to my Hawkeye friends.

Reactions: HawaiiClone

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I believe if ISU gets invited to the B1G then it is an indication conferences are going to expand to P2; B1G and SEC.
My guess is 4x16. PAC-12 almost went to 16 last time around. Clemson and Florida State aren’t going away either so ACC will do it’s best to get to survive.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I’m in the “whatever allows us to continue to play power 5 football and basketball” camp. Pac 12, big ten, ACC, SEC. don’t matter to me. As long as it’s big time. I would prefer the big tens
Me too. I'm kind of taken aback by the posters "assuming" we will be in the Big Ten. Why? Just because of message board talk among fans in that conference? That means zilch.

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I’d say it’s more hoping then assuming…but with a dash of rumor and insider hints that it’s at least possible.

Selmak The Tok'Ra

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2021
Totally agree. We kick OKs Ass, we can kick The Ohio States ass too.

As long as Campbell is at the helm, I'm really not all that scared of Ohio State if we were to join the B1G.

Before Campbell, I'd have written off Oklahoma as a loss every year, but if Campbell has been able to change things enough for the better that I no longer write off Oklahoma as a loss before every season, well then I kinda feel the same way about Ohio State, as much of an apples to oranges comparison as that might be.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
I think it's gonna be pods.

Nebraska. ISU. Iowa. Kansas.

That pod would be hilarious
That pod would be awesome.

In Football, balance home and away with Nebby and the Squakeyes with a bonus home game in Lawrence every other year.

In Basketball, Oh my, the pure hatred flowing in every one of those games would be epic.

• Agree
Reactions: HawaiiClone

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Serious question - wouldn’t a 20 team SEC or just going P2 make a 12 team CFB playoff pointless? Because there’s no use having the 5th best SEC or B1G in the playoffs even though they’d easily be one of the top 15 teams in the nation.

Reactions: DarkStar

Help Support Us

Become a patron