• Arceo

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • D-Line

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I did not know we were capable of only 189 yards against TT. That is in the bottom 4% of football efforts. Looks like we cannot block bullrushes by Rutgers, Iowa, or TT. Maybe we might have to junk the zone read until we get better? We have a passing qb trying to run a zone read. Whenever Steele was chased he always ran to the right just like Bret Meyer. Looks like 3/4 stars beat the 2/3 stars last night.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Well as fans lets just keep putting up with our coaches as they keep forgiving players for mistakes (the most idiotic mistakes ever) and hopefully we never win more then 6 games. God forbid we win 7, 8, or 9! Ahhhhhhhhh! I bet that's why K state is so good, Bill patted them on the head after handing the ball to the other team and said "it's ok, I know you didn't mean to do that ". Yep. I got it now! Thanks for teaching me how to be a winner.

Once again showing your complete ignorance, so this probably isn't worth my time but I'll try anyway. If coaches just yank players for making mistakes there would literally be no players left to put on the field. Did you know that a good amount of missed tackles for a game is 10? There would go nearly our entire starting dffense. But you probably never realize any mistakes anybody else makes because you think the only player on the field that matters is the quarterback.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Yes, Jantz was horrible. But he does not deserve most of the blame. Receivers got zero separation, the offensive line couldn't hold a block to save their lives, and the play calling was BAD.

TT defense wanted the game more than our offense - if you looked at effort only . Their defensive tackles were just blasting past our blockers. During warmups Tom Farinok looked into the game, but the other oline people did not. We miss KO who could really roadgrade. Now we just have tall people with little push on the oline apparently.

You know there is a problem when you cannot pass or run in the same game. It is like Minnesota use to look like. To only get 189 yards offense is not as good as a Sun Belt or MAC school would do. Maybe go to a full backfield with Neely, Woody and Johnson or White? ...since we are not strong enough to block the big boys?

Last edited:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
This honestly needs to be a multiple choice thread, because everyone associated with the offense outside of the RBs deserve blame for the debacle last night. I blame coaching for having an offensive scheme that just doesn't seem destined to work here, and calling really lousy, predictable plays within that scheme. I blame Jantz because he's a basket case under pressure and compounds bad situations with really bad decisions, most of which is due to him extending broken plays way too long praying something good will happen. He needs to learn to tuck the ball and run when nothing is open much sooner and/or needs to throw the ball away, as well as he needs to learn the appropriate situation for each. The WRs need to learn how to shake coverage (especially since it's single coverage most of the time, considering how much the box is getting stacked to prevent the run. They also need to learn to hold onto catchable passes because at times Jantz is getting blamed for passes that hit the receivers in the hands and are either dropped or tipped. If it hits the receiver in the hands it must be brought in, no excuses.

But, since the poll calls for one entity, I picked the offensive line. With how they played last night, ISU could have had an acceptable scheme in place with good play calling, good QB play, and good receivers, and it wouldn't have made a lick of difference because TT was manhandling our OL with their front four. You're not going to have an effective offensive game when you can't keep the defense out of the backfield. When you can't run or pass, it's usually a sign that the OL is getting owned. There was no running game whatsoever last night, Jantz was pressured all night into making quick decisions, leading to mistakes, certainly not enough time to find open receivers. First and foremost the OL has to play better, because until that happens, better QBs, WRs, RBs, and play calling wont matter.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Pretty much everyone on your list.

Oline let people in too fast, backs and o line couldn't pick up a blitz, Jantz held the ball too long and didn't hit recievers, poor reads on the zone read, our playcalling was terrible, etc.

A lot of blame falls on CPR too. I love the guy, he is a great coach, and want him to coach here til he retires, however, he has proven two years in a row now to play terrible after a bye week. Whatever it is, he has to figure it out.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
I voted for Mess because, as stated before, it was the worst play calling I've ever seen. The read option obviously wasn't working but we just kept running it. We ran it on first and second down for minimal gain and then watched Steele run for his life on third down. It was the most bland, uncreative offensive I have seen. Just awful.

D

DistrictCyclone

I refuse to vote until I see "butt chugging" listed as an option.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Bill Snyder is simply the GREATEST COACH IN MY LIFETIME AND POSSIBLY THE GREATEST FOOTBALL COACH OF ALL TIME & he will be around until 2022 at least...NOT a comforting thought if you have to play him every year....

Since Snyder got to Manhattan KS we have had four coaches to K State's 2.....sez it all boys

Is now an appropriate time to repost the "Bill Snyder Dance Machine" video? Because I will if it is. I needs some more reps to get to level 100!

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Another thing, how did we only throw the ball 20 times when the run obviously wasn't working. Now I know Jantz wasn't playing well at all but at least should've tried something.

CycloneDSM

Sep 30, 2012
DSM
Is now an appropriate time to repost the "Bill Snyder Dance Machine" video? Because I will if it is. I needs some more reps to get to level 100!

Let's start to face the very real possibly that CPR may be just like our Old B-Ball Coach Greg McDermott. We will stay at .500 most the time and never break out of the lower level of the B12. We're over 4 years without an offense or QB who is the blame for this.

D

DistrictCyclone

Let's start to face the very real possibly that CPR may be just like our Old B-Ball Coach Greg McDermott. We will stay at .500 most the time and never break out of the lower level of the B12. We're over 4 years without an offense or QB who is the blame for this.

Just what this tread needed: more dumb.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010

So Rhoads is doing less with more? McDermott had some talent that he couldn't get to win at all (Wes Johnson, Craig Brackens). Rhoads has taken the leftovers and gotten them to beat the OSU's of the world.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010

So Rhoads is doing less with more? McDermott had some talent that he couldn't get to win at all (Wes Johnson, Craig Brackens). Rhoads has taken the leftovers and gotten them to beat the OSU's of the world.

CycloneDSM

Sep 30, 2012
DSM
Rhoads has a talented defense that goes to waste like McDermott did with players. I'm just saying both coaches had bright spots but could never put us over the top. I hope I'm wrong but it dosn't feel that way.

CycloneDSM

Sep 30, 2012
DSM
[h=2]Re: Who do you blame the loss on?[/h]
Rhoads has a talented defense that goes to waste like McDermott did with players. I'm just saying both coaches had bright spots but could never put us over the top. I hope I'm wrong but it dosn't feel that way.​

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron