who are the worst hawk fans?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Geez I dont know how about all of them. Especially the ones that think they deserve to be in the National title talk every year. While in college I went to EIU for the ISU EIU game and have never been treated worse in my life at an away game(and yes I know it is our in state rival) ! I have been to Nebby, Mizzou, Okie St, A&M. amd OU(OU might be Close) and have never seen crap from those places like EIU

I will never attend another game in Iowa city ever no matter what

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
Hey, I would agree with him. However, the only part about what he said that applies to me is that I didn't go to Iowa. For some reason, that disqualifies me from being a fan in your world.

Nope. Wrong. Again. Simply disqualifies those in your fanbase (and they are many) from getting in the face of those who actually have a connection to their school. I'm very sorry that is so hard for you to understand.

You know you and your brethren on here amaze me. You literally spend more time on a Cyclone site than you do reading information on your own team. Honestly, is there nothing you are interested in with UI athletics right now? Recruiting? Development of the basketball team? Renovations to CHA? Concerts etc, in Iowa City?

You and Miller and the rest just can not seem to understand that this was a site originally built for ISU fans to discuss mostly ISU related topics. It subsequently branched out in to other areas. Still, it is probably comprised of 70% or greater ISU content. It puzzles me to know end why you and the rest are so fascinated by ISU. There was a recent poll on this board asking whether the ISU fans here posted or visited hawkeye boards. The overwhelming percentage said something to the effect of 'No, NEVER'.

Sorry, it's getting late. I need to go run over to HR, create an account for myself and start lurking for hours reading up on and joining in every conversation I can about a team I could not care less about.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Nope. Wrong. Again. Simply disqualifies those in your fanbase (and they are many) from getting in the face of those who actually have a connection to their school. I'm very sorry that is so hard for you to understand.

You know you and your brethren on here amaze me. You literally spend more time on a Cyclone site than you do reading information on your own team. Honestly, is there nothing you are interested in with UI athletics right now? Recruiting? Development of the basketball team? Renovations to CHA? Concerts etc, in Iowa City?

You and Miller and the rest just can not seem to understand that this was a site originally built for ISU fans to discuss mostly ISU related topics. It subsequently branched out in to other areas. Still, it is probably comprised of 70% or greater ISU content. It puzzles me to know end why you and the rest are so fascinated by ISU. There was a recent poll on this board asking whether the ISU fans here posted or visited hawkeye boards. The overwhelming percentage said something to the effect of 'No, NEVER'.

Sorry, it's getting late. I need to go run over to HR, create an account for myself and start lurking for hours reading up on and joining in every conversation I can about a team I could not care less about.

This is why HAWK fans are a waste of time great Post!!:sad:

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
Geez I dont know how about all of them. Especially the ones that think they deserve to be in the National title talk every year. While in college I went to EIU for the ISU EIU game and have never been treated worse in my life at an away game(and yes I know it is our in state rival) ! I have been to Nebby, Mizzou, Okie St, A&M. amd OU(OU might be Close) and have never seen crap from those places like EIU

I will never attend another game in Iowa city ever no matter what

Same here. Wore my colors to Iowa City in the midst of the Walden years. Spent the entire game listening to the fans behind us call us communists because "only communists wear red"... I will never set foot in that town again nor will I ever do anything to support that institution.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Same here. Wore my colors to Iowa City in the midst of the Walden years. Spent the entire game listening to the fans behind us call us communists because "only communists wear red"... I will never set foot in that town again nor will I ever do anything to support that institution.

Amen !!! I would run out of gas and walk to another town or county before I gave them another dime:notworthy:

DolphLundgren

Nov 11, 2008
dolph-mg.jpg

'nuff said.

It's crazy, it's almost like I use the handle IvanDrago on messageboards and it happened to be taken, so I used the actors name. It's not a big secret.

Where'd you get that extremely homosexual photo though? What was the search string you used? Or was it just in your favorites?

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
It's crazy, it's almost like I use the handle IvanDrago on messageboards and it happened to be taken, so I used the actors name. It's not a big secret.

Where'd you get that extremely homosexual photo though? What was the search string you used? Or was it just in your favorites?
This photo has gotten me through a lot of lonely nights, my friend.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
What kills me about hawk fans are the fact that the most obnoxious ones have no connection to the university at all. Also, I've never understood the farmers that are hawk fans - the university that is dedicated to helping them improve farming methods and increase their bottom line they reject - doesn't make sense.

tobyaclone

Mar 6, 2007
Denison
It would be funny to me, but not a put-down to her because she readily admits to not liking or ever watching the games. She just "likes the hawkeyes". Why? because it's a "hawkeye state".

Iowa the "Hawkeye" state is a nickname given by a man named James G. Edwars as a tribute to indian leader Chief Black Hawk, so the next time a hawk fan says its a "Hawkeye" State, tell them that our state's nickname has nothing to do with the University of Iowa, absolutely zero. Maybe in their own mind, but after they win, the proclamation that its a "Hawkeye" state means nothing more than after ISU beats them and we say its a "Cyclone" state. :yes:

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Or if you're from Boone you can say "it ain't a Hawkeye State no more, we drove out those red skins!"

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron