who are the worst hawk fans?

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I used to work with a "Hawk Fan" who lives 20 minutes from Kinnick Stadium. The ONLY two games she attended the 5 years we worked together were the 2 January bowl games. She never went to any home games. All day long on the phone she would go out of her was to tell people on the phone how they were going "another January Bowl". Of coarse I would bet $1000 that she could not name all the teams in the Big 10.

Last edited:

ClimbIowa

Aug 14, 2008
Fans who say that the Hawks 'overlooked' Iowa State after a loss and that the game doesnt really matter but rush the field after a victory over Iowa State.

Were you upset with Cyclone fans when they rushed the field in 2001 after a fourth straight victory over Iowa?

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
UNI graduates

My assistant has 2 sons who went to UNI and they are big Iowa fans aka season ticket holders at Iowa City and could give a rats you know what about the panthers where they went to school..

Its a hoot the way all uni fans idolize the sqwakeyes....:biglaugh:

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
That was a good team. Iowa was not a great team. Miller in typical hawkeye fashion made it sound as though ISU had knocked off the Joe Montana led 49ers.

Yep. My two least favorite hok fans:

1.Hok fan who feels that it somehow takes a superhuman effort out of ISU to beat them. Like it's really that tough to beat iowa? Northwestern does it regularly. Western Michigan did it last year. Sorry, it doesn't require a superbowl-like performance, especially when you match up well with them (which ISU does anually since they can actually THROW the ball).

2.Hok fan who feels the need to come up and say something to me just because I'm wearing ISU gear. Personally, if someone walks by me in hok gear (especially in Ames) I am revolted, but that doesn't give me the right to walk up to a total stranger and say "go Clones" and start running my mouth. I especially love hearing it from people like checkout clerks and tavernhawks, like they have something to hold over my head as being better than me. I love to put those people in their place.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
My assistant has 2 sons who went to UNI and they are big Iowa fans aka season ticket holders at Iowa City and could give a rats you know what about the panthers where they went to school..

Its a hoot the way all uni fans idolize the sqwakeyes....:biglaugh:
I have numerous friends that graduated from UNI and they are all devout Hawk fans. I have a few friends that graduated from Iowa, one is a devout ISU fan who used Iowa for their pharmacy school. The others could care less.

DolphLundgren

Nov 11, 2008
My favorite fan of either school is the loser who spends the time to type "Hoks," "EIU," "Clowns," "Ketchup and Mustard," "OWA," etc. in order to show their EXTREME fandom!

Losers.:confused:

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
My favorite fan of either school is the loser who spends the time to type "Hoks," "EIU," "Clowns," "Ketchup and Mustard," "OWA," etc. in order to show their EXTREME fandom!

My favorite is those who take the names of muscular male action stars of the past and make that their screen name and then act all high and mighty and proceed to call people losers. That's the high road there, Dolph, stay classy. :yes:

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA

I usually type EIU because it's easier than typing "University of Illinois - Iowa City Campus"

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I usually type EIU because it's easier than typing "University of Illinois - Iowa City Campus"
dolph-mg.jpg

'nuff said.

ChickenWing

Dec 22, 2008
Des Moines
I would say those that are fickle and hate the QB, the players, the OC, the HC whenever they lose a game, but that is all of them. I couldn't imagine being a fan of a team and being that quick to want to complain about something just cause that is the way they do things. A friend of mine who is more a football fan than big Hawk fan has season tickets to UI, he came to the A&M game where Darks dropped a ton of balls. He was going nuts and I had to explain we don't bash our players like Hok fans. We prefer to boo the refs but generally respect the players and coaches regardless of outcome. He actually thought it was really cool how excited we can get just because we support the team.

Worst hawk fans are the idiots that didn't go to UI, didn't follow them until they started going to big bowl games, don't know any history, love wearing Hawk visors, love saying stupid things like "cy-clowns" and don't know real hawk fans did that 15 years ago when we actually didn't compete with them, and worst of all they do it all because they get the impression it is "cool" to be a hip young/wannabe young visor wearing guy/girl that loves saying they "partied" in IC last weekend.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
Worst hawk fans are the idiots that didn't go to UI, didn't follow them until they started going to big bowl games, don't know any history, love wearing Hawk visors, love saying stupid things like "cy-clowns" and don't know real hawk fans did that 15 years ago when we actually didn't compete with them, and worst of all they do it all because they get the impression it is "cool" to be a hip young/wannabe young visor wearing guy/girl that loves saying they "partied" in IC last weekend.

Careful, Tarheel is lurking. You'll hurt his feelings with statements like this. You know we must be careful on these Cyclone message boards not to offend our gracious hawk visitors. You know the same ones that treat us so well on their sites, radio shows, stadium etc. etc. etc.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Careful, Tarheel is lurking. You'll hurt his feelings with statements like this. You know we must be careful on these Cyclone message boards not to offend our gracious hawk visitors. You know the same ones that treat us so well on their sites, radio shows, stadium etc. etc. etc.

Hey, I would agree with him. However, the only part about what he said that applies to me is that I didn't go to Iowa. For some reason, that disqualifies me from being a fan in your world.

ChickenWing

Dec 22, 2008
Des Moines
I'm actually fine with fans that didn't actually go there because people choose schools for different reasons, I just don't like the ones that "love the hawks" and don't know crap about them and only started liking them to try and be cool.

I should clarify, I'm not fine with them because they all tend to be unreasonable but I understand how you can be a passionate fan without going to that school.....I didn't go to ISU, but have loved the Clones since I got my first Terry Woods jersey.