who are the worst hawk fans?

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
First of all, congrats to the hawks on turning the season around from what looked like a really crappy season to a very successful, January bowl winning season.

Now on to the topic...the worst type of hawkeye fan. Mine is my sister. In the middle of the outback bowl game, I get a text message from her saying "GO HAWKS". Randomly thoughout the year, she makes lame comments about cyclones, and equally lame cheers for the hawks whenever I visit. I can't comment back because she doesn't get anything I say. My sister is the less than casual fan who doesn't like sports. She did not watch a single football game all season. I highly doubt she was watching the bowl game, and probably just saw the score while flipping through channels. While not knowing anything about football or basketball, much less ever watching a game, she still finds the need to make comments to me like, "so what bowl are the cyclones playing?" While normal hawk fans ask this to make fun....sometimes, I think she is serious when she asks.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
First of all, congrats to the hawks on turning the season around from what looked like a really crappy season to a very successful, January bowl winning season.

Now on to the topic...the worst type of hawkeye fan. Mine is my sister. In the middle of the outback bowl game, I get a text message from her saying "GO HAWKS". Randomly thoughout the year, she makes lame comments about cyclones, and equally lame cheers for the hawks whenever I visit. I can't comment back because she doesn't get anything I say. My sister is the less than casual fan who doesn't like sports. She did not watch a single football game all season. I highly doubt she was watching the bowl game, and probably just saw the score while flipping through channels. While not knowing anything about football or basketball, much less ever watching a game, she still finds the need to make comments to me like, "so what bowl are the cyclones playing?" While normal hawk fans ask this to make fun....sometimes, I think she is serious when she asks.

Then just ask her how the quarterback looked and what his name was again?

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
Then just ask her how the quarterback looked and what his name was again?

It would be funny to me, but not a put-down to her because she readily admits to not liking or ever watching the games. She just "likes the hawkeyes". Why? because it's a "hawkeye state".

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
...she still finds the need to make comments to me like, "so what bowl are the cyclones playing?" While normal hawk fans ask this to make fun....sometimes, I think she is serious when she asks.
Next time she asks a question like that, ask her, "So what bowl are the Hawks playing in?" When she is clueless about the answer, you win! :yes:

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
The "fans" who can't name 3 starters on either side of the ball.

Or, the "fans" who still pronounce their coach's name FUR-entz. Still run across those occasionally.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
cmon thats not fair! haha, im sure most iowa fans would say the same thing about the cyclones!:smile:

I actually almost doubt that because you don't have to worry about fair weather Cyclone fans that don't have a clue.

The weather is never fair here, so therefore there are no fair weather fans. :mask:

prdhawk

Dec 29, 2008
knoxville
I actually almost doubt that because you don't have to worry about fair weather Cyclone fans that don't have a clue.

The weather is never fair here, so therefore there are no fair weather fans. :mask:
i think the weather will be changing for the better real soon for the clones, i think it was a great hire with PR and there is some good talent on their team!:yes:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
On a related topic, I think the worst Cyclone Fans are the one who are so obsessed with the Hawkeyes that they start threads like this.

It never fails anymore, anytime you sign on to CycloneFanatic.com, there is a thread about the Hawks on the front page...

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa

Agreed. To fill our stadium the way we did this year with a poor team was amazing.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I grew up in a small town in central Iowa but now live in Iowa City and travel the midwest for work, so I've got a pretty decent handle on this. Hawk fans (over age 30) in IC are generally quite reasonable and logical; I'd extend this description to most of the "professionals" I come into contact with. I'd submit it's the small-town yokels with no connection to EIU other than a cousin's daughter attended, who talk the most smack. I love small-town Iowa and I'd live in one if my suburban Chicago-born wife would allow, but they are the breeding grounds for detestable hawk fans. JMHO...

Reactions: Bobber

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
On a related topic, I think the worst Cyclone Fans are the one who are so obsessed with the Hawkeyes that they start threads like this.

It never fails anymore, anytime you sign on to CycloneFanatic.com, there is a thread about the Hawks on the front page...

Or how about the ones who can't just skip over the threads and have to place their input about how bad of fans they are for doing so?