Brockington
Hinson
Foster
---
Grill
Kunc
Conditt IV

+ the other five for bench depth and fighting to make it a deeper rotation

I think TE would 8 and Conditt 9 but generally you are on right on the mark. At this point I would be very surprised to see Johnson or Jackson average more than 5-7 minutes a game.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Let’s just platoon it.

Hunter
Kalschuer
Brockinston
Enaruna
Foster

Let the starters breath for a few minutes with

Walker
Grill
Hinson
Kunc
Conditt

:mccaffery::prohm::jimlad::prohm::mccaffery:

Last edited:

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
In my mind, our starting 5 is completely unpredictable right now. Basketball players, more than football, can change their skills and abilities so much. Not to mention a source of irritation, but Garza as a freshman looked like a waste of a scholarship. But he somehow made himself into one of the top college players the last two years. Who knows which of our 13 players will make that kind of commitment and effort and surprise us all with improved play? It's just awesome to be able to have justifiable anticipation!

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
The thing about Brockington is he doesn’t take many 3s to begin with. He plays within his strengths. So we’re not going to have another Nixon deal where the guy just doesn’t know he’s not a good shooter so he takes 4 a game.

I forgot about him, thanks for that un-pleasant reminder.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
In my mind, our starting 5 is completely unpredictable right now. Basketball players, more than football, can change their skills and abilities so much. Not to mention a source of irritation, but Garza as a freshman looked like a waste of a scholarship. But he somehow made himself into one of the top college players the last two years. Who knows which of our 13 players will make that kind of commitment and effort and surprise us all with improved play? It's just awesome to be able to have justifiable anticipation!

Our team not looking like Prohm locked them out of the practice facility over the off-season will be a pretty big step, assuming that happens this year. I agree, it'll be fun to watch. ...hopefully.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Garza averaged 12-6 as a true freshman starting in the Big 10. This is a really dumb take.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Let’s just platoon it.

Hunter
Kalschuer
Brockinston
Enaruna
Foster

Let the starters breath for a few minutes with

Walker
Grill
Hinson
Kunc
Conditt

:mccaffery::prohm::jimlad::prohm::mccaffery:
Just an opinion, and I hope I am wrong, but I think everybody is overestimating Fosters status. I think he has a lot of talent. I think he will grow to be a great player for us. But, as I understand it, he is not yet even running the floor. I expect him to start eventually, but will be shocked if he is a early season starter. I think George starts game one. Also - Hinson is a proven P5 player. I think he starts over Enaruna.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: t-noah and tyler24

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Both Gonzaga and Baylor took and made a lot of threes.
If you look at the teams that made it to the elite 8 the structure of those teams were defense, rebounding, and being efficient on offense. I don't care if we shoot a lot of three's or mid range 2's as long as we are efficient on offense, none of that matters if we can't defend or rebound.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
I'm not worried about OUR 3 point shooting. If it's solidly average that's fine. I'm worried about our opponents' 3pt shooting. Last couple years felt like other teams just repeatedly having their best games ever against our horrific defense. These new guys look to be a huge upgrade at stopping that from happening.

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
This teams strength will be taking it to the rim and playing defense.

This is where I’m at w/the roster we have now. Cyclones will be longer and more talented than last year and should be better w/rebounding and defending. Those elements should help the Clones stay in games. I just hope they can hit enough 3’s to keep defenses honest and driving lanes open else the offense could be tough to watch.