Whitlock on Tiger

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa
He was on the Dan Patrick show today, good interview (for those that have Directv, I think it'll be on again tonight on the 101, it was hour 3)

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don't like Whitlock. I do agree with him 100 percent here. The fact that the media has gotten so little out of Tiger in the past has made them blow up this time. I am not saying it is wrong, it is just how it is. Tiger has been a model of performance. If you thought he was an angel off the course, you were a little naive. I am a huge Tiger fan and often apologist. I will not defend his actions. Adultery is very serious issue with me. I will say there has been a lot worse done and with less public embarrasment. Even Peyton Manning was caught up in this stuff. The thing that irritates me are the women involved. Not only the fact that they are looking for their 15 mins, but good lord, Tiger, if you were going to cheat do it with someone with something to lose. He was not very smart in this. If he was going to involve himself in this, he could have at least thought it out.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
What will be far more entertaining is when Tiger returns to golf. He went ballistic over a camera shutter during his backswing. What is he going to do when he gets repeatedly heckled for this little incident?

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I have to laugh - Whitlock refers to Tiger being a slut as his "marital problem?"
Wow.

By definition, cheating on ones wife is a marital problem. Tiger is not in any legal trouble, but is likely in big trouble with the wife at home. That is by definition a marital problem. That is a 100% accurate description of Tiger's current problem.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Wow is right. He goes after the jugular on a few of those guys.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
The thing that irritates me are the women involved. Not only the fact that they are looking for their 15 mins, but good lord, Tiger, if you were going to cheat do it with someone with something to lose. He was not very smart in this. If he was going to involve himself in this, he could have at least thought it out.

Oh please - don't try to "distance" Tiger from the women he was with. He was attracted to them, felt comfortable around them, and had sex with them.
It's also telling to me that he when he called the one chick, he didn't say "don't call me anymore, it's over." He instead said, "take your name off your phone."
He's a skank, just like the women.

CydeOut

Nov 21, 2009
Kansas
I love the way Whitlock throws Rick Reilly under the bus. Now maybe Reilly will throw some dirt out on Whitlock and someone else and keep this little thing going. I'd buy it and laugh as we all watched these little 4th graders have their game of "Mine's Bigger" through the press. That would get me reading the press each day. :yes:

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
By definition, cheating on ones wife is a marital problem. Tiger is not in any legal trouble, but is likely in big trouble with the wife at home. That is by definition a marital problem. That is a 100% accurate description of Tiger's current problem.
I'd label it a financial problem too.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Oh please - don't try to "distance" Tiger from the women he was with. He was attracted to them, felt comfortable around them, and had sex with them.
It's also telling to me that he when he called the one chick, he didn't say "don't call me anymore, it's over." He instead said, "take your name off your phone."

Agree with all points. I didn't distance Tiger in any way. I don't know exactly where you got that hidden meaning. I didn't say he was better than them. I simply said they have nothing to lose by this getting out. It actually gives them fame and helps them. That is all I was saying.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Haha, good point! Was there a pre-nup?!?

From what has been said in the media, there was a clause that says after a MINIMUM of 10 years, in the event of a divorce, she would get a 20 million dollar payout. Hardly a large amount to Tiger right now. I would say that baby was pretty iron clad and I would venture to guess this is the reason she is still with him, although obviously I don't know that. There has also been some stuff saying they have had problems in the past. What problems? I don't know.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Agree with all points. I didn't distance Tiger in any way. I don't know exactly where you got that hidden meaning. I didn't say he was better than them. I simply said they have nothing to lose by this getting out. It actually gives them fame and helps them. That is all I was saying.

I agree on that part - if they had any feelings towards Tiger at all, they would not see this as an opportunity for $$$ and fame. If they had any respect for Elin, they would tell her privately, if at all.
Also, they all knew he was married. I've know women who have unwittingly gone out with married men who take their rings off and lie that they are single. These women have no such excuse.

cyfanhood

Jan 2, 2008
Town of Iowa fans, YUCK!

Yup, he is a pathetic "BOY" not a man. His dad would have said it if he was alive.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I am just posting this in the most recent Tiger thread because it is easy but it seems to me he has a real problem now. Now, with all that has been disclosed, the flood gates have opened. What I mean is that now, any semi attractive woman can come up with a story about her sleeping with Tiger and we will believe it. I know I will. Why wouldn't anyone. It seems he opened a very large, bottomless can of worms.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I thought this quote was hilarious...... "
"They're making it rain on bim-hos solely for profit and titillation. I respect that. They're journalistic strippers shaking their moneymakers. I'll gladly tuck a dollar in Us Weekly's g-string and the National Enquirer can join me in the champagne room for the next song."

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron