Where is SDW at?

randogger22

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
After hearing about his strength and conditioning in the off season and the fact that he put up 66 pts in a Cap City League game (I know there is no defense, but that is still filling it up) , I thought for sure he would be in the rotation this year. Maybe it's too early to tell....

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Well, we didn't need him the first 35 minutes of the game when all our players were eligible. And the last 5 minutes we just needed 4 defenders and the ball in Niangs hands. And SDW isn't a defender.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
He's not ready yet. I've said this numerous times, but from his play in the early games it seems like he's mentally at roughly the same place Long was last year.

If someone goes down, he'll be there to step in (that's what depth is for), but don't expect him to crack the normal rotation. Fred rotates 7 guys. That's what he does, and has done every year. "Depth" for him isn't rotating 12 guys (like Fran), its having guys who can step into the 7 man rotation if someone goes down to injury or foul trouble.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
He did look good in the CCL, but that is not always the best indicator as to who will play. Still, I imagine that he (and Percy) will have chances as this season progresses. Had we gone to OT last night we would have probably needed them.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Next game will be great for guys like Percy, SDW, Edozie to get more minutes.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron