Where do the Cyclones go with Brock Purdy?

VoiceOfReason

Aug 21, 2016
Purdy said that he was going into this season with the mindset that this would be his "Senior Season" and his last year at ISU. Do you think that's still his plan? I wouldn't imagine his NFL stock is very high right now and he could always come back for one more year to revitalize his NFL interest. Do you think the Cyclones would want him back? Would you?

And where does that leave Dekkers? Has he been hanging around and waiting in the wings with the understand that he would start next year? I have to imagine that it's going to be almost impossible to keep both the guys on the roster this offseason with them being decent transfer targets.

CF, How do I make sense of all of this?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Purdy said that he was going into this season with the mindset that this would be his "Senior Season" and his last year at ISU. Do you think that's still his plan? I wouldn't imagine his NFL stock is very high right now and he could always come back for one more year to revitalize his NFL interest. Do you think the Cyclones would want him back? Would you?

And where does that leave Dekkers? Has he been hanging around and waiting in the wings with the understand that he would start next year? I have to imagine that it's going to be almost impossible to keep both the guys on the roster this offseason with them being decent transfer targets.

CF, How do I make sense of all of this?
He is not coming back. It would be the biggest gift in program history if he did but he is not coming back

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I doubt the NFL bases their evaluations on the WL record of ISU. He either has the talent to make the throws or he doesn't. He's going to need to prove himself in the combine. Truthfully, his arm strength probably isn't going to rate well.

But I doubt he'd come back with most of his offensive weapons leaving.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
It’ll be interesting. He doesn’t appear to be an NFL QB, he might be able to get a nice Chase Daniel type role. I could see him coming back, I could see him betting on himself and getting paid for 10+ years as a backup.

I hope he exceeds expectations and does well in the NFL as a starter, just not likely.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
Hmmmm…. Do we want the biggest winner in ISU history back? Gee, if we want things to go back to the 90s… Edit … it is dumb…. I should have said unless we want things …

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC