Where are you pre-gaming in Chicago?

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
I was planning on hitting the pep-rally with my son at Navy Pier but was wondering where some folks might be headed before the game. Hoping to find some other fans at a venue that allows kids.

Last edited:

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
I live in Chicago and I'd recommend Murphys bleachers but its pretty far from the UC so keep that in mind. West loop has some pretty fun bars too. Wicker park wouldnt be too bad of a drive over or even public transit and would probably be a little less congested at 3-5 pm depending on when youre wanting to start.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I for one would love to see an "official" pregame location. I'm staying at the crowne plaza metro which seems to be in between uc and the loop

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
Didnt the alumni group say Park Tavern and West End are the official pregame bars?

guacamole7

Feb 4, 2010
I live in Chicago and I'd recommend Murphys bleachers but its pretty far from the UC so keep that in mind. West loop has some pretty fun bars too. Wicker park wouldnt be too bad of a drive over or even public transit and would probably be a little less congested at 3-5 pm depending on when youre wanting to start.

That's a terrible recommendation for pre-game, that is so far away from the United Center. Why would you recommend that? As others have stated, stay in the West Loop due to proximity to UC and the official gamewatches are in that area.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
That's a terrible recommendation for pre-game, that is so far away from the United Center. Why would you recommend that? As others have stated, stay in the West Loop due to proximity to UC and the official gamewatches are in that area.

I dont know maybe because Murphys is an Iowa state bar, good thing I didnt preface it with "it is far from the UC so keep that in mind" Also, Wicker park is like a 10 min bus ride from the UC and there a ton of bars in that area so was just throwing out a suggestion.

West end bar is where I'd go since its the official pre-game gathering spot plus its a good bar as is with decent food and a decent beer selection

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011

that-escalated-quickly-anchorman-gif.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron