What's streaming that's good TV/movies

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Episode 2 was somewhat better. Think I've figured out what was bugging me on the cinematography other than the overall gloominess and cheap look. Maybe the "gloomy" was part of the pilots first impression of a "backward" country but the whole thing looked like it was filmed for viewing on an iPhone or back of seat screen on a 757. Has a very cheap look for all of the hype.

I honestly don't feel this way at all. I think the acting, the intrigue, the world building, all of political machinations, etc I think drives the show but I think the show looks lived in and great. Some of the overheard shots of the cities are a little CGIish but this still looks great to me.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Just watched 'The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping' on Netflix. Really good, disturbing look at the troubled teen moneymaking industry, but still really good. One of these "schools" being featured had been operating out of Keokuk.

Definitely recommend.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Just watched 'The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping' on Netflix. Really good, disturbing look at the troubled teen moneymaking industry, but still really good. One of these "schools" being featured had been operating out of Keokuk.

Definitely recommend.

I haven't watched yet, but I love Netflix documentaries. Always well done, typically the right length for the topic, and usually give multiple viewpoints.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Just watched The Signal on Netflix. Really well done with great twist in the last minutes.

Help Support Us

Become a patron