What's streaming that's good TV/movies

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Currently going back and forth between The Americans and Narcos Mexico.

Side note for anyone that wants to listen to someone that knows what they’re talking about, this was a great listen. He also evidently called something like this coming out of China years ago because of their wet markets. They also touch a bit on CWD. Dude has credentials in this field.

• Winner
Reactions: NickTheGreat

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
The three I've watched semi recently are:

McMillion$ (HBO) - the Monopoly gaming scandal from 25 years ago. I remember the game, I don't remember the scandal. The trial started on Sept 10, 2001, which happened just before a rather significant event that pushed it from the public eye. Really interesting and interviews with many of the participants.

The Legend of Cocaine Island (Netflix) - this one had a great hook that reeled me in immediately. What would you do if you were told of a pot of gold was? What about a mess of cocaine?

The Pharmacist (Netflix) - a crime story, but from an unusual perspective. What makes it most compelling is that there are audio recordings (and a lot of video) of nearly everything the guy went through. So you hear the story as it happens over years, with little doubt in your mind that what is being said is exactly what happened.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I recommend Altered Carbon ( thought season 1 was stronger than season 2, but still good)
McMillion$ was great, fascinating stuff
Watchmen was great
Stranger Things
The Boys (Prime)
I am going to start Hunters soon..

Not sure it has been mentioned, Netflix put out a documentary series called Pandemic on January 22nd this year. I watched season 1 this morning, I can’t bring myself to watch any more. They warned us about being prepared...

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I think you will like Kingdom.

World War Z meets Game of Thrones meets medieval Korea. Been on a mini-binge of it tonight. :)

And those blacks hats. If I was in Korea 500 years ago I would have rocked one of those hats. Just sayin'.

DyAwk7qV4AAFCTd.jpg

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
On Amazon Prime there's a documentary called "Rocketman", but it's not about Elton John. It's about Mad Mike Hughes, a flat earther, who builds his own rockets and has launched himself inside his rockets twice.

I never had much interest in watching this, but when I had heard he died a few weeks ago while launching himself on a rocket again.... I became a bit intrigued by this documentary.

Watching it now, knowing that he's dead from doing this, is kinda sad. Yes, the guy is not real bright (him and his buddies are so clumsy at times), hence being a flat earther, etc, but he's so likeable and kind and is someone that has always had a dream and he lives it no matter how much he gets ridiculed.... and you have to admire that IMO. A lot of people go through their life and are too afraid to live out their dreams. He did, and he was flat broke because of it, and eventually died from it, but I doubt he'd want to live his life any other way.

• Informative
Reactions: arobb

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
For the people who gave up on Walking Dead...second half of season 9 that's on Netflix is the best it's been since season 3-5.

I haven't seen the new season 10 that's running new on AMC yet but that second half of season 9 is definitely a potential hidden gem on Netflix.

Reactions: cstrunk

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
"The Dawn Wall" is a pretty awesome climbing documentary on Netflix, more entertaining and dramatic than Free Solo actually.

First half is about the climber's ordeal being kidnapped by terrorists, second half is about living suspended on the face of El Cap for nearly a month.

• Agree
Reactions: jrastrel

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
"The Dawn Wall" is a pretty awesome climbing documentary on Netflix, more entertaining and dramatic than Free Solo actually.

First half is about the climber's ordeal being kidnapped by terrorists, second half is about living suspended on the face of El Cap for nearly a month.

Pretty unique, if extreme, method to implement social distancing. :rolleyes:

Reactions: HFCS

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron