What will the IDIOTIC MAC-STAT Be This Week?????

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
Who knows what it will be. For the most part I ignore it as it's all coach-speak. Every coach does it...some more than others.

A bad showing Saturday night...top to bottom and everywhere in between.

Some more than others...that's the understatement of the decade.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Some more than others...that's the understatement of the decade.

And just how often do you hang on every single word of a coach outside our very own Dan McCarney?
What you fail to realize, is while D-Mac is a very positive coach to the outside world, always looking for the good in each game/player - he pulls no punches in the locker room.

It's D-Mac's "spin" that has helped get the Cyclone football program out from under the doormat of the Big 12.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Ok guys...this is ACTUALLY from the Randy Peterson Register article today:

The positive, according to coach Dan McCarney, was a defense that held the Cornhuskers to only one second-half touchdown.

:Confused: :Angry:

clonecone

Jun 20, 2006
How many of you

would have the balls to say any of this to Mac's face? I'm guessing zero.

He's got a call-in show, Cyclone Club luncheons, an email address--lots of opportunities. I doubt any of you would dare approach him with any of this crap.

The bandwagon is clearing out. Good riddance.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Re: How many of you

would have the balls to say any of this to Mac's face? I'm guessing zero.

He's got a call-in show, Cyclone Club luncheons, an email address--lots of opportunities. I doubt any of you would dare approach him with any of this crap.

Come on, we are just having a little fun here and venting some frustration. I've made my stance perfectly clear how I feel about him. I want him here.

That's like saying something bad about your parents because you are mad/frustrated at them, doesn't mean you would say it to their face.

threemuch

Mar 28, 2006
Portland, OR

There was a wagon? Dang, I missed it. Clonecone, you want to be the only person in Jack? I like winning, and I want a winning tradition.

This thread is hee-hi-hilarious. Lighten up. If you can't laugh at yourself, stop laughing because you are a jerk.

Mac could say "We are one of 28 teams that lost by two touchdowns or less last weekend. Auburn, Oregon, Oklahoma, and Georgia didn't make that list, and they are pretty dang good football teams. Now we have alot of tough teams who lost by less than two touchdowns left on the the schedule. It's gonna be tough, but we have to be ready, no question about it."

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika

There was a wagon? Dang, I missed it. Clonecone, you want to be the only person in Jack? I like winning, and I want a winning tradition.

Good one...I missed the bandwagon to. Was that the 2003 bandwagon or the 1992 bandwagon?

I've been a fan for 28 years now, will never change, I think that gives me the right to laugh and poke fun. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think everyone here that wants a change or complains, just like me, supports the team a 100% when it comes to game time.

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006

"Mac could say "We are one of 28 teams that lost by two touchdowns or less last weekend. Auburn, Oregon, Oklahoma, and Georgia didn't make that list, and they are pretty dang good football teams. Now we have alot of tough teams who lost by less than two touchdowns left on the the schedule. It's gonna be tough, but we have to be ready, no question about it."

That is hilarious!

threemuch

Mar 28, 2006
Portland, OR

I've been a fan for 28 years now, will never change, I think that gives me the right to laugh and poke fun.

28 years? Yeah, I'd say you earned it. I only have 20. I once saw a shipping palette that some frat boys had nailed a tire to, but I don't really think you could honestly call it a bandwagon. I mean, the one guy had a guitar, but you could hardly call the guy with the upside down garbage can a drummer. Not much of a band at all.

How about this for a MAC quote:

"I am sick and tired of hearing people talk about us not having any luck. We get plenty of luck. It's all bad. No question about it."

j4state

May 21, 2006
Visit site
"Heading into Oklahoma, we are one of 44 NCAA games this week with a spread less than 3 touchdowns."

(I actually looked it up but was reluctant to post it in fear of Dan using it.)

j4state

May 21, 2006
Visit site
Tell me you couldn't hear some of this crap coming right out of the horses mouth:

"The last two seasons we had the challenge of starting 0-3. Both years we overcame adversity to challenge for the division title and compete in a bowl game. We shouldn't look at this year any differently."

"We're 3-3. Last time I checked that's .500. The same amout of wins and losses. If you look at it logically, we're starting the second half of the season in the same condition as the first."

"Three wins three losses. That's halfway to a bowl game, folks."

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Tell me you couldn't hear some of this crap coming right out of the horses mouth:

"The last two seasons we had the challenge of starting 0-3. Both years we overcame adversity to challenge for the division title and compete in a bowl game. We shouldn't look at this year any differently."

"We're 3-3. Last time I checked that's .500. The same amout of wins and losses. If you look at it logically, we're starting the second half of the season in the same condition as the first."

"Three wins three losses. That's halfway to a bowl game, folks."

I have had my doubts about McCarney, but that quote pushes me over the top. Before reading this I had some faith in him.

This quote says it all. Correct me if I am wrong.

Pollard, You listening to this quote???????????????

In other words he is content to go 6-6, and go to lovely Shreveport. He thinks we should be too.

Last edited:

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
We held the top two rushers for Nebraska scoreless and under 100 yards combined.
(They used the 3 & 4 backs)

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

I have had my doubts about McCarney, but that quote pushes me over the top. Before reading this I had some faith in him.

This quote says it all. Correct me if I am wrong.

Pollard, You listening to this quote???????????????

In other words he is content to go 6-6, and go to lovely Shreveport. He thinks we should be too.

Dude...this wasn't a quote from Mac. This thread is about poking fun at some of his past quotes and stretching the truth on future quotes...

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Dude...this wasn't a quote from Mac. This thread is about poking fun at some of his past quotes and stretching the truth on future quotes...

Then I honestly withdrawl my comments, and feel mmuch better about McCarney. With that said, if he or any other coach would say something like that, I would become an instant non-believer in them, unless they hadn't been to a bowl game in eons.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
He always seems to pull one out before every game and it always makes me cringe.

Earlier this year, we had the "6 straight games against ranked teams", despite one of them being 1-AA UNI.

Last week, we had the "we're one of 54 teams who haven't lost at home this year."

What'll it be this week?

Iowa State is one of only 3 teams whose entire fanbase knows their coaching staff to be wildly incompetent, yet keeps 'em around due to fear of who they'd get to replace them.

We came, we saw, we lost.

Were the other two teams Dan Hawkins and Ron Prince?