What will ISU be ranked?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I have to say that the biggest clown of the AP voters isn't any of the voters mentioned so far. Stephen Tsai of the Honolulu Star Advertiser has 5-8 Georgia #4 on his ballot. In addition to their 8 losses they also lost an exhibition to Charlotte.

Other losses: Gardner-Webb, Wofford, George Mason, East Tennessee State...

Looks like Poll Tracker corrected that glitch I had noticed and mentioned earlier (Georgia removed).

I wouldn't have checked but that type of choice would be WAY off-grid.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Looks like Poll Tracker corrected that glitch I had noticed and mentioned earlier (Georgia removed).

I wouldn't have checked but that type of choice would be WAY off-grid.
Yeah, I should have looked closer at his page. I just noticed Georgia on the others receiving votes part and it said he was the only voter for them. I pulled up his page but hardly looked at it. Sorry, Stephen.

Reactions: cyclones500

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
It would be one thing if ISU was #20 or something. But if you are #8 the expectation is you win at home regardless of opponent. But it seems clear a lot of voters wanted to see this game before they decided if ISU was a legit top 10-15 type team. They accomplished that.

I think 1 vs 8 is pushing that win regardless. Many years, a “ true “ #1 will beat a legitimate #8 often, and hence should not drop in a loss. I think Baylor is viewed that way, and it seems like many voters viewed Iowa St that way too. Good to see. 2-20 has been forgotten and most just saw this as playing to seed so to speak

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Yeah, I should have looked closer at his page. I just noticed Georgia on the others receiving votes part and it said he was the only voter for them. I pulled up his page but hardly looked at it. Sorry, Stephen.

Easy thing to overlook at first-glance, since it's such an outlier. First thing I did was check his previous week, since Georgia lost since then and would've had to be at least as high ... then I saw the duplicate #4.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
My point was playing to within 5 of the top team in the country does matter. Shooting poorly from 3 really shouldn't be in the equation. I thought I made that pretty clear; sorry if it wasn't clear.

You were clear and I agree. There is always a reason the losing team loses. Maybe if COVID caused multiple players to miss the game, the result is discounted, but poor shooting is a reason to drop in the polls, especially if it's a trend.

Regardless, #11 seems good. There will be a lot of bouncing around over the next several weeks.

Reactions: VeloClone

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I am fine with 11. Baylor exposed ISU's biggest weakness, outside shooting. ISU put up a great fight, but they never led in that game. Nail a few of those tough, closely guarded 3s in games, and ISU is a whole different team. Baylor's length really was hard to overcome for a team that doesn't have a bunch of guys that can create their own shot. Still like the team, but outside shooting is going to be an issue in a lot of the Big 12 games.