What the **** is going on with this team?

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Just way too small guys, that's the big problem, we just can't matchup at all with anyone's bigs. Beat tech, TCU twice, wvu, Texas, KSU, OU and maybe one other somewhere and get to 10 wins and get in as like a 7 seed. That is the reality here. It's a top 30 team, not top ten.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I honestly feel like Monte is the only guy you can count on for consistency. It just seems like Kane/Hogue/Niang/Ejim/Long either show up and play well or disappear. I suppose Thomas has been consistent in his inability to make a shot.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
DUDE said he wasnt freaking out... He isnt, and is making a true statement. Our team has looked like utter dog shiz for three games. The only game in the skid I thought they looked decent was against OU. You cannot have watched the KU or Texas game and thought that our team played a style of ball that wasnt sickening. They look lost and turn the ball over like they are all "freshman Ejims"

Did you miss where I said EVERYONE?!?! I wasn't singling him out. Wow.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
We're overrated. That's what is going on. Just a normal progression of wins and losses for ISU in the Big 12. How often do we beat kansas? @ OU? @ Texas? Hardly ever. Just sucks they are all in a row. I look for ISU to to win out at home, and lose 2-3 more road games. We're not a top ten team people. Kane and Ejim just aren't there. Sorry, they just aren't. They make way too many poor decisions/plays when the going gets tough. Could they get hot in March and lead us to the Sweet 16? Heck yes. But we are going to get 3rd or 4th in the big 12 and lose to KU in the second round. Will probably get fu##@d in the a@@ with NCAA seeding too. Just the way it is fellas. Hopefully Vaughn commits to us, but the way things roll with ISU, he will probably go to Kansas or UNC. I'm going to go drink now. Night all. :mad:

Last edited:

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Did I not just say I'm not freaking out? Doesn't mean that they're not playing like they've lost all confidence. I understand that they'll lose games, it's HOW they're doing it.

Well, you have a contradictory post. If you really wanted a good response to your question, don't phrase it like, "I just don't see how the wheels fell off so quickly." When you say the wheels have fallen off of a team, it means you are kind of writing them off, which, even though you said you weren't, does kind of indicate a freak out.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Richard Amardi would sure look great out there right now
No he wouldn't. He's just as undersized as the rest of our forwards and even less physical. He's be as big of a liability defensively as we already have without the offensive ability.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I honestly feel like Monte is the only guy you can count on for consistency. It just seems like Kane/Hogue/Niang/Ejim/Long either show up and play well or disappear. I suppose Thomas has been consistent in his inability to make a shot.
Well Kane needs to stop b******* about every non-call, flexing after every "and-one" and play his game. Ejim lately has looked like the greasy fingers from his sophomore and freshman years. Niang is trying to much, and people know his game. Hogue I think is doing well considering it's his first year in this grind. They need to get back to making that extra pass like they did earlier in the year and stop trying to force the issue on some one on one move.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
1. Michigan, BYU, and Baylor suck.
2. Iowa beat us pretty good, we lucked out in the end that they missed FTs and open shots.
3. We are short. We all knew it would be a HUGE problem, and it is.
4. We aren't really that good of a shooting team.
5. This all means that in all reality we are just a borderline top 25 team and our expectations got too high.

We played WAY too careless and lifeless today to win, especially on the road. Way too many stupid turnovers, and very little to no energy level IMO either. You have to bring it every night for 40 mins to win in this league.

The other thing that we're starting to do more and more that is ticking me off to no end is not just playing basketball. We drive into the lane completely out of control and throw up horrible shots and flail our arms just hoping to get a foul called on the opposition.

We are expecting to get the foul call every time instead of just playing basketball. And when we don't get the call, or the other team just flat out doesn't even touch us, we either turn it over or travel. Don't count on any official to EVER give you the call on anything! Just make a good basketball play and leave the officiating up to the officials. They are not going to bail your lazy a** out every time you barrel down the lane out of control.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
No he wouldn't. He's just as undersized as the rest of our forwards and even less physical. He's be as big of a liability defensively as we already have without the offensive ability.

He's 6'8 and incredibly athletic.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The ball movement and making the extra pass has gotten pretty poor lately. Which I feel is due to our not being able to hit 3's. Kane, Niang, Ejim, etc aren't as apt to make that extra pass when they think the next man is going to miss.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
LOL wut? Amardi is a great defender.

CaliforniaCy

Sep 8, 2013
California
Long time reader, first time poster. This ISU team is over-achieving based on our expectations coming into the season. Not a consistent top 20 team talent wise. Still fun to watch(although frustrating at times). We are a hungry fan base; the progress in resurrecting and building the program can be frustrating, but make no mistake the trend is going in the right direction.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
1. They don't grab rebounds, they think it is volleyball out there and just tip it around.
2. They whine about every call and don't just play.
3. They are not doing the same things on offense they were early in the year, it has no flow to it.
4. There is no great shooter on this team.
5. CHF needs to do a better job coaching.
6. There is no good defender on this team, no stopper, no shot blocker, no guy to fear once in the lane.
7. They are forcing wayyyyyy to many shots.
8. They shot 3s or try to get to the hoop, few mid range jumpers.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron