What supplements do you take?

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
To expand on this - whey protein is the cheapest complete protein (contains all amino acids) and typically easiest to digest for most people. "Whey isolate" is just the protein component. "Whey concentrate" is the protein plus some of the natural milk sugars and fats. If you're bulking, whey concentrate may be the better option. If you're cutting, whey isolate may make it easier to keep calories in check. Some companies will sell a blend.
I like to take mass gainers when I bulk because it saves me money from buying extra food and I can never consume enough good carbs by diet alone. I wish I had more diet discipline. I drink way too much milk.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
Which brand of B-Complex are you taking?
Nature's Bounty B-Complex, regular strength. They also make a Super B-Comp that has even higher amounts, but I didn't think I needed that.

Nature's Bounty Vitamin B-Complex, Time Released Supplement with Folic Acid Plus Vitamin C, Supports Energy Metabolism and Nervous System Health, 125 Count https://a.co/d/hgbbtwh

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I take Testosterone. Have for 8 years. If you are over 40 and you are not. You really need to investigate doing it. It will change your life. I am not sure why it's not more popular. Maybe it is and people are just embarrassed to admit it. My doctor encouraged it years ago. Now my nurse just orders my prescription. So easy. I don't take the shot. I take the pills that melt under your tongue.
I recently started taking the testosterone shot after labs confirmed my testosterone and my doctor prescribed it and it has made a big difference for me. My mood is better and I have been sleeping better too. I also seem to have more energy. I also take Fish oil and a multivitamin.

Last edited:

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I recently started taking the testosterone shot after labs confirmed my testosterone and my doctor prescribed it and it has made a big difference for me. My mood is better and I have been sleeping better too. I also seem to have more energy. I also take Fish oil and a multivitamin.

Yeah it's totally a game changer. It also helps in about everything I do in life. I also take multi vits and other things but the Testosterone has been the biggest game changer.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Honest question - I know a guy who is constantly taking Amino Essentials (or something like that), is always mixing it to drink. But he doesn't work out and he's not fit. What's the point of taking something like that if you don't work out?

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Honest question - I know a guy who is constantly taking Amino Essentials (or something like that), is always mixing it to drink. But he doesn't work out and he's not fit. What's the point of taking something like that if you don't work out?
The only legitimate reason would be if he was lacking them in his normal diet or was going through a specific treatment for a condition. Realistically it’s just more expensive urine for an individual like that without an underlying issue.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
The only legitimate reason would be if he was lacking them in his normal diet or was going through a specific treatment for a condition. Realistically it’s just more expensive urine for an individual like that without an underlying issue.

That's what I thought. Figured it's an expensive way to look cool.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I’m fat and unathletic, but at least I lift “heavy” three times a week. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t be supplementing protein.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I really wish insurance companies would cover early life DNA sequencing to look for markers and mutations. We did the GeneSight testing for our boys giving all my and their mental health issues and it was enlightening. For example, we have the MTHFR mutation (I like to remember it as ************) which greatly impacts folic acid levels. Those in turn greatly impact efficacy of many medicines and supplements.

Given all my non mental health issues (heart attack, 5 strokes, 3 this year, neurological issues, etc) and lack of any knowledge of health conditions on my biological father’s side, we’re paying out of pocket for Sequencing.com (100% vs our current 23 and Me’s .1% decoding) decoding and reporting.

Proactive testing of this kind, as well as more rigorous annual exam testing could save a ton of money in the long run, not to mention extend lives.

• Agree
Reactions: RLD4ISU

FyrruPuff

Dec 29, 2023
Hey, it's great to see you taking charge of your health! Your supplement lineup sounds solid. I've heard magnesium can be a game-changer for anxiety - props for giving it a shot.
As for vitamin D, it's definitely worth considering, especially if you're not getting much sun exposure. I've found it helps boost my mood, especially during those gloomy winter months.
If you're open to trying something new, I recently stumbled upon some natural Sarms from Mexico. They're supposed to be more affordable and offer a range of benefits without any sketchy stuff. It might be worth a look if you're keen on expanding your supplement stack.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron