What is this world coming to??

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
heitclone said:
who is getting distracted by "junk food", fat kids? Or starving kids?

I don't think those two groups are mutually exclusive...

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
FIFY.

Most teachers are still OK, but they havea lot of frustration with all the non-education stuff they have to deal with. That is bad kids / lousy parents, as well as all the bureaucracy that drives most of the stupidity. I wonder what the admin-to-teacher ratio was in 1970, vs what it is now? My perception is it is a hell of a lot higher now, and this drives a lot of cost and a lot of BS.

I say this having my dad as a retired 30+ year teacher, and a couple aunts that are in administration...

I live in a community of about 5000 people. Our school board meetings are rebroadcast on the local cable TV. I can not believe the goofy "new" programs administrators encourage the board to accept. I believe the majority of administrators (Principals and IT people) spend time looking for new ideas (spending time and money, creating new problems) rather than focusing on fixing problems.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Stuff like this makes me want to go live in a cave so i don't have to know what stupid **** is going on.

4Cyclones

Sep 10, 2009
Ankeny
We don't want to have people talk about things that bother them. Just let them keep that **** bottled up in them for thirty years or so, so they can go all postal on the rest of us later. I guess and can see being a little respectful of a child that may have problems at home, but junk food? Don't warn kids about becoming obese a living at a buffet. C'mon Man!