What if we had Wesley?

Jan 16, 2009
Ames, IA
Yeah I think we would have done a lot better non-conference though.

I think we'd be looking at around 7-8 wins in conference. But my guess is as good as yours.

Together2813

Mar 29, 2006
Omaha, NE
Depends on healthy he would have stayed. Last year I thought he would get a lot of points because he would shoot the ball 10000 times a game.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
Wes who?

I think we'd be almost a sure thing for the NIT, and a possible bubble team for the NCAA. His game is exactly what we are missing.

ChickenWing

Dec 22, 2008
Des Moines
Great job cyclonepower, you came up with another "question" to throw out and start a thread. To those that haven't noticed the 30 threads he has started over the past two days...don't humor him.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Would he play any defense because he stunk on the D side of the ball.

Also, would he play "team" ball or would it be all about Wesley. If he didn't play in the flow of the team, then I'm not sure we'd have any more W's.

Jan 16, 2009
Ames, IA
Great job cyclonepower, you came up with another "question" to throw out and start a thread. To those that haven't noticed the 30 threads he has started over the past two days...don't humor him.

lol, 30 threads. more like 3. and theres nothing wrong with starting discussion....isnt that what this website is for?

Reactions: Wesley

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
What is with your posts? You have a "When do we fire Pollard" thread. You have a Larry Eustachy thread. Now you post a Wesley thread. Wow. Where is you Adam Haluska thread or Danny Mac thread?

hank kingsley

Nov 2, 2006
I really don't think our record / or team would be that much better. I think the biggest thing this team lacks is a leader on the floor ... a take charge guy. While Wesley is athletic, he is as quiet as they come and I think that sure he would have had his moments, but still he would have just blended into what we're seeing now on our current team.

We need some toughness and leadership on our team. I don't see Wesley helping in either area.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I really don't think our record / or team would be that much better. I think the biggest thing this team lacks is a leader on the floor ... a take charge guy. While Wesley is athletic, he is as quiet as they come and I think that sure he would have had his moments, but still he would have just blended into what we're seeing now on our current team.

We need some toughness and leadership on our team. I don't see Wesley helping in either area.

He could get to the hoop and could shot with a hand in his face. He is a huge upgrade from Petey and it would change the bench situation as well. But he is not here so we move on.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Why exactly are you comparing Wesley and Petersen?

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
What if we had Westbrook? What if we had Taggart? What if we had Wesley? What if we had Stinett? What if we had Degand? What if we had Dunson? What if we had Macintosh?

As far as I'm concerned, they all decided they didn't want to play for Iowa State University. We should be talking about what we have now and what we have a chance of getting in the future.

What if there were no 'what if' questions on Cyclone Fanatic?

balken

Apr 14, 2006
We do have Wesley. He posts here all the time. Just look for the Captain Kirk avatar.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron