What if the PAC 16 is the only 16 team conference?

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
I would love to see the PAC 16 be the only 16 team conference. I know this isn't the most likely scenario, but it would be fitting to see everyone else remain at 12.

If each conference can only have 2 BCS teams maximum, this would effectively decrease the odds for each PAC 16 member. I would love to see the PAC 16 greed backfire in their faces.

If this were the outcome then how long would it be before that league falls apart?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I would love to see the PAC 16 be the only 16 team conference. I know this isn't the most likely scenario, but it would be fitting to see everyone else remain at 12.

If each conference can only have 2 BCS teams maximum, this would effectively decrease the odds for each PAC 16 member. I would love to see the PAC 16 greed backfire in their faces.

If this were the outcome then how long would it be before that league falls apart?

Depends how quickly schools get tired of the $$$. Considering the only 4 schools in that conference used to getting BCS bids are USC, Oregon, Texas, and Okie, it might take awhile...

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Depends how quickly schools get tired of the $$$. Considering the only 4 schools in that conference used to getting BCS bids are USC, Oregon, Texas, and Okie, it might take awhile...

If the BCS doesn't change their rules and still only allow two teams from one conference, then that might get a little tense after a few years of either OU or Texas not making it.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
If the BCS doesn't change their rules and still only allow two teams from one conference, then that might get a little tense after a few years of either OU or Texas not making it.

Considering USC ain't going there for at least a few years (and I'm convinced as long as Kiffin is coach), and no one else in the Pac 10 appears to be competitive with OU or Texas anytime soon, I'm guessing our former teams aren't going to be the "problem children". And, as USC has owned pretty much every BCS appearance this last decade, I don't know if the other Pac 10 schools would miss it either.

I agree that if the Pac 10 is the only 16-team conference it has the deck stacked against it, but teams not used to making the BCS - namely all of them - are going to be getting a lot of coin.

mt85

Mar 24, 2006

That just proves the point. Those four schools were previously vying for four possible slots versus two. I would love to see Texas get stuck in a 16 team league while all the others remain at 12.

I now this scenario is unlikely, but I can always hope.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron