cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
The UAB loss was just a horrible way to start the tourney and was a total train wreck to watch. It wasn't even like UAB played well...it was just awful.

It was such a "thud" way to open what's normally my favorite 4 days of TV viewing each year. ... Not that it'd be much different if the game took place at 7 p.m. Friday, but it would've been --- a different kind of letdown.

Totally agree it was more a case of ISU being completely flat, more than UAB overachieving. UAB was scrappy and did better at scrambling for errant balls and rebounds, I'll give 'em that. But our guys looked totally out of sync.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I was with a bunch of buddies, we rented a house to watch the first 4 days of games. Then ISU loses at 11am on thursday, and me and another hard-core ISU guy (who is on here sometimes) just went in the tank with "tourney depression" the whole weekend. Sucked.

Sounds like Ted Flint and his friends.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
That is very immature young man

Man, I guess I wouldn’t look at it as immature to get some guy time in once in awhile. Nothing wrong with that. Too many guys get into a situation where their wife basically makes their schedule and they turn into a lap dog. I feel like it’s healthy for guys to have some guy time and girls to have some girl time. At least once in awhile.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Man, I guess I wouldn’t look at it as immature to get some guy time in once in awhile. Nothing wrong with that. Too many guys get into a situation where their wife basically makes their schedule and they turn into a lap dog. I feel like it’s healthy for guys to have some guy time and girls to have some girl time. At least once in awhile.

You missed the humor. I agree. Actually have a guys' weekend coming up at the end of the month

Reactions: Frak

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I watched UNI play Drake Saturday night. Good game and great atmosphere, long lines to get a cold beer. Anyway, Green is definitely the best player UNI has, not much of an inside game at all. They shot well from the perimeter, but Drake made a ton of free throws in the last few minutes to seal it. I see Drake on the way up, maybe becoming a favorite to win the valley in the future.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I watched UNI play Drake Saturday night. Good game and great atmosphere, long lines to get a cold beer. Anyway, Green is definitely the best player UNI has, not much of an inside game at all. They shot well from the perimeter, but Drake made a ton of free throws in the last few minutes to seal it. I see Drake on the way up, maybe becoming a favorite to win the valley in the future.

I'm starting to come to the opinion that Hilton will have beer sales sooner than later. I'm guessing just as soon as they have that concourse project completed, they'll start selling it. No real down side...it's not like JTS where people have been tailgating all day and could be trouble with an extra few in the stadium. I could at least see where that could be a concern. At Hilton, most people come in sober.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm starting to come to the opinion that Hilton will have beer sales sooner than later. I'm guessing just as soon as they have that concourse project completed, they'll start selling it. No real down side...it's not like JTS where people have been tailgating all day and could be trouble with an extra few in the stadium. I could at least see where that could be a concern. At Hilton, most people come in sober.

We'll never sell beer as long as Pollard is here and not sure I agree with that last sentence lol

• Disagree
Reactions: CyDude16

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

What concourse project?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Seems like something is going to the regents this month. I thought I read about making the concourse bigger.

For years, I've thought they needed to do something with the inner concourse to provide more premium seating. Of course, that will make changes to the outer concourse as well. Looking forward to learning what they are actually proposing.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort

Speak for yourself, we are usually lifted, bro.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
We'll never sell beer as long as Pollard is here and not sure I agree with that last sentence lol

I agree on never selling beer at JTS as long as Pollard is here. Hilton? I think that's a different matter. The only thing holding that back right now is that it would crowd the concourses that are already too crowded. As far as people drinking prior to MBB, yeah, some people do it. But it's nowhere near the % or amounts as what you see in JTS.

Selling beer at BB venues is much more common and accepted than at FB stadiums.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Depends on the trade off. If that 3 days is in exchange for 362 days of hanging that 3 days over your head I want no part of it. If the wife is actually cool with it then it’s time to start pushing the envelope and make it 3 days every quarter. Then push that to 3 days a month if that works out. Take take take.

rhoho

Dec 2, 2015
Southern Iowa
This aged well. 1 game out of first place and playing first place Loyola Wednesday. Drake and Mo State also tied for first.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
UNI wins out (home vs Loyola and at (terrible) Indiana State)

Illinois State beats Missouri State Wednesday

Missouri State beats Drake Saturday

And Boom. UNI is the 1 seed in The Valley tournament and can do no worse than the NIT and preseason favorite next year.

Remarkable turnaround in the last 3 weeks. Looks like vintage UNI on the defensive end.

• Funny
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Help Support Us

Become a patron