What happened to Mac's World

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
I dont remember but it was quite a few.

He's owned several places that have come and gone over the years. Many may recall the huge bar on Merle Hay road (the building was just torn down) and can't recall the name when Mac owned it but it become infamous for the young black kid that was died at the hand of a bouncer. Something about a dress code violation. Lovejoy - was that the kids name?

Last edited:

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
He's owned several places that home come and gone over the years. Many may recall the huge bar on Merle Hay road (the building was just torn down) and can't recall the name when Mac owned it but it become infamous for the young black kids that was died at the hand of a bouncer. Something about a dress code violation. Lovejoy - was that the kids name?

Not sure what the kid's name was, but I think the name of the place when it happened was Graffiti's.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I think he sold his bars and resturants. He was good when I listened. I dont know how that stations stays going. I like Glen Beck and half the ads on his show are promoting 98.3s other shows. I figured both of these shows would be good draws for the station and they cannot people to adversitse on them.

Isn't KXNO the same way, with 1/2 their ads for other shows on the station? Or Mezzodi's and Jethros?

On another note, I was surprised that nobody started a thread about the Register firing 41 people last week, the most well known being Brian Duffy.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Isn't KXNO the same way, with 1/2 their ads for other shows on the station? Or Mezzodi's and Jethros?

On another note, I was surprised that nobody started a thread about the Register firing 41 people last week, the most well known being Brian Duffy.

There was a thread on the reg. Last time I really listened KXNO has advertisers during their local shows, dont forget Toyata of Des Moines, but didnt have many for the national stuff.

Did I hear the rumor right that they lost the I Cubs broadcasts.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
940, I think. Which is also the Packers affiliate, but you would never know that from reading the sports page on Sunday.

Whats 940 have on the rest of the time. I figured the Cubs were going to 1700. Does KXNO still have Chiefs games on?

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Whats 940 have on the rest of the time. I figured the Cubs were going to 1700. Does KXNO still have Chiefs games on?

I have no idea. I just think it's weird that Des Moines has a Packers affiliate, but nothing for the Bears and Vikings.

Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
**** poor choice on their part. If there is no balance provided to Bradshaw, that show will be in the tank in about 3 months, if that. I actually liked that back and forth, and I changed channels after about 5 minutes today because he was basing his arguments on a completely false premise, and couldn't be bothered to defend that. He had better pray for the fairness doctrine.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
If this is true (are we sure Mac isn't just on vacation?)...I don't know what I'll listen to after Glenn Beck. I loved listening to Mac, especially post election, because he talks mainly about issues in Iowa and Des Moines.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
"I was told on Friday that my job would probably be eliminated because of budget cuts and at that time I had offered to do the show for the minimum -- in the state of Iowa you have to be paid something to work, you can't volunteer so I had offered to do the show for minimum wage and the company had turned that down," says McKoy.
McKoy claims that management simply wanted to go in a new direction with the show. WOW FM's management says it plans to turn the time slot over to McKoy's former co-host, Chris Bradshaw. A new name for the show will be announced soon.

Doesn't sound like budget cuts to me. :no:

Is this a coincidence that Bradshaw just got promoted to station manager?? I doubt it.

I'd suggest everyone who listen and liked Mac's World to send an email to 98.3.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Doesn't sound like budget cuts to me. :no:

Is this a coincidence that Bradshaw just got promoted to station manager?? I doubt it.

I'd suggest everyone who listen and liked Mac's World to send an email to 98.3.

I don't find it a coincidence at all...... Bradshaw absolutely got picked on by most of Mac's guest. Then again, he always brought it on to himself.

I already sent an email to the station and Bradshaw. Station to say they made a mistake and will be missing a few listeners and let them know what people think of Bradshaw. Bradshaw on to let him know it was a mistake and that he can't carry a show on his own it he treats all callers like dirt.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron