What are the benefits of Cyclone Fanatic premium?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I used to do premium. I agree with others that the threads are less combative because many of the sh*tposters don't have premium. You will also get premium articles/info from the CF team when hot issues arise. I originally did premium during the last round of Campbell speculation. I was very impressed with what Chris and the team were doing.

Last year things got pretty nasty between some folks on the premium side. I finally hit a point where I decided I needed less CF in my life and more time away from the screen. So I cancelled. I still lurk on the free boards and catch a podcast here and there.
I use to be premium then one month they didn't pull my payment. (May) I looked at my checking balance, was never close to insufficient. I honestly didn't notice until a few days ago. Not much going on usually during the summer and when fall rolled around I guess I subconsciously forgot about it.

Reactions: throwittoblythe

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
5VEl2eH.gif

You went incognito mode and went searching.

ghyland7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2012
If your only goal is trying to get your "money's worth" you'd be better off just giving more money to We Will as it would technically probably benefit ISU athletics more in the long run.

That being said, like tons of other posters here, I subscribe to premium because I have consumed CF content for years and I want to support it.

The nuggets/insider info that occasionally gets passed around to me is just a bonus.

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Have been around CF since near the inception - pay for premium to mainly support the site and staff.
CW being BFFs with Otz helps provide amazing insight into the MBB team.
Also CW is surprisingly really dialed in with conference realignment stuff. Almost every single thing he has reported over the years or so have been accurate AF.
Football info is kind of light in all honesty, but I think some of that is due to Campbell and his staff keeping a tight lip.
All that to say, well worth the monthly dues if you’re able to afford it!

Last edited:

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Now you can be one of the middle class Americans tasked with paying the “contracts” of college football players that can get good while at ISU and then leave for higher paying schools!!! And get a koozie!
Wait, is there actually a koozie?

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
The benefits are no adds, a premium forum without the morons and lots of insider info and not just from Williams.

Reactions: wxman1

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Supporting a website that has provided me a ton of entertainment over the years. For how much time I've spent on here and listening to podcasts it's pretty cheap entertainment compared to my other hobbies. Also no ads is a huge plus. Bonus: The discussion is usually pretty good amongst members and the insider nuggets from Chris and sometimes other posters.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I know this is your schtick. But without We Will, several of the current Cyclone football players would not have stayed at Iowa State and the Cyclone men's basketball coaches brought in a top 10 transfer class thanks in large part to those funds. But I know that doesn't quite add up with your belief system. It does help keep Iowa State competitive and that is our goal at We Will. We want to do all we can instead of just complaining when Iowa State is not competitive.
Can you imagine the number of has the rot set in threads we could have then?!?!?!

Reactions: CycloneNorth

Help Support Us

Become a patron