We'd have no chance without Lanning and Warren - Shake it off fellas...

cyfanatic1968

Mar 25, 2014
Stunning...
I just feel awful for our guys. As painful as that was to watch as a fan it has to be especially painful for our team.

Lanning and Warren are great players and we wouldn't have any chance without them and if Mangino was still calling the plays.

Shake it off boys and go and beat WV - finish strong!

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
If we have players that care than they also have to know CPR is not the answer. We did score 35 points in the first half, and with the same players we scored 0 in the second. That is coaching my friend, bad coaching, really bad coaching. So if the players really want to win they better hope Pollard fires Paul. Were out nothing.

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
If Rhoads gets fired I think we CAN hang onto a lot of the solid Iowa guys and upperclassmen(Lanning, Lazard, Campos, Tucker, Cotton-Moya, etc.), Hope we could some how hang onto Warren, but I have a feeling he'd be a candidate for transfer with his stellar play thus far (obviously minus the hiccups today)

cyfanatic1968

Mar 25, 2014
If we have players that care than they also have to know CPR is not the answer. We did score 35 points in the first half, and with the same players we scored 0 in the second. That is coaching my friend, bad coaching, really bad coaching. So if the players really want to win they better hope Pollard fires Paul. Were out nothing.

This was brutal...I don't disagree that we are likely overdue for a regime change - I have felt like that for awhile now, but the pain on Lanning and Warren's faces overrides my anger about the coaching right now. Hate to see young players have that happen. Need them to bounce back and come back strong against WV and just kill it in the off season. We have talent - just need it directed properly.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Lanning and Warren aren't without blame in this, as they're the guys that fumbled, by my anger isn't directed at them. Our coaches were 100% outcoached in the second half and continuously put our guys in positions to fail down the stretch in the 4th quarter.

I was done with Rhoads a long time ago, but now I won't even discuss me being in favor of bringing him back in any situation.

Spam

May 21, 2008
The frustration is not with Lanning and Warren, ya know...

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
And I don't blame the players for what happened. Yes, the fumbles were huge, but Lanning shouldn't have been trying to even throw the ball in that situation. The coaches failed here, not the players.

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
I don't understand throwing the ball at the end, but not managing the clock with using our timeouts. Brain Dead is all I can think of. Frustrating!

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
Lanning and Warren aren't without blame in this, as they're the guys that fumbled, by my anger isn't directed at them. Our coaches were 100% outcoached in the second half and continuously put our guys in positions to fail down the stretch in the 4th quarter.

I was done with Rhoads a long time ago, but now I won't even discuss me being in favor of bringing him back in any situation.

Agree 100%. They messed up, I'm sure they are more than aware that they totally messed up. But players on all team mess up all the time. Bang bang plays happen. It's the coaches job to put them in a position to succeed. Our play calling on offense and defense was just horrendous throughout the entire second half. KSU should not have been allowed to get that close in the game. If ISU is up by 10-14 at the end of the game like they should have been with any sort of good play calling, even that Warren fumble is basically meaningless, and ISU still probably wins.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Personally, I blame myself for that like one minute period where I let myself believe we were going to win. Bad Clonefan32, bad.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Warren was just doing what he has been very good at this year, keeping his legs driving and gaining yards. It's on the coaches to just kneel the ball or at least make sure to tell them JUST FALL DOWN.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron