WEBCAST OF TOLEDO GAME OFF

chicagoCy

Mar 25, 2006
I wrote Jamie about the webcast earlier today and received response from him this afternoon, here it is:

Thank you for the email. We just learned this evening that Fox has decided to not webcast the game after all. I have attached a copy of the release we are issuing tonight that shows two other ways in which you can track the game using our website instead.

I am sorry that this opportunity did not pan out as we had been told by Fox last week.

Go Cyclones!
Jamie Pollard
Director of Athletics
Iowa State University

COPY OF RELEASE
August 29, 2006

WEBCAST OF TOLEDO GAME OFF

AMES, Iowa – FOXSports.com will not webcast Iowa State’s football season opener vs. Toledo (Aug. 31), the Athletics Department learned Tuesday.

“Unfortunately, our department received notice today that FOXsports.com will not webcast the game,†Iowa State Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard said.

Fans, who cannot attend the Iowa State vs. Toledo game in person, can still follow the action in several ways:
    • Mediacom will televise the game live on its Connections Channel in the state of Iowa;
    • Yahoo will offer radio play-by-play coverage from the Cyclone Radio Network over the web. The cost is $4.95 per month and can be ordered by going to www.cyclones.com and clicking on the “Listen to the Clones†button and linking to “Yahoo Audio!†This monthly service includes radio play-by-play (John Walters and Eric Heft) of all ISU home and away games as well as a weekly radio show called Cyclone Cydlines.
    • The athletics department’s web site (www.cyclones.com) will provide live game stats and an audio / video feed of the Dan McCarney post-game news conference free of charge. Click on the “Gameday†button in the center of the front page for access.

hilbs31

Apr 1, 2006
I hope Jamie Pollard fought foxsports hard on this one. Otherwise, he's looking goofy right now for jumping the gun by announcing the simulcast two weeks early. He probably shouldn't have done that unless he was 100% sure it was going to be picked up.

I thought it sounded too good to be true. I guess if the team could pick up more than 6 or 7 wins a season, the game might be a national broadcast.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I hope Jamie Pollard fought foxsports hard on this one. Otherwise, he's looking goofy right now for jumping the gun by announcing the simulcast two weeks early. He probably shouldn't have done that unless he was 100% sure it was going to be picked up.

I thought it sounded too good to be true. I guess if the team could pick up more than 6 or 7 wins a season, the game might be a national broadcast.

This thing was in the bag until literally today, when a higher-up at Fox Sports trumped the decision made by a lower-down at Fox Sports. And now ISU looks like the bad guy when that is nowhere near the truth. Send your nasty e-mails to Fox on this one.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron