WBC To Picket Sueppel Funeral

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
press-citizen.com | Local News
The Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., announced in a news release that it plans to picket the Sueppels' funeral on Saturday. Their news release claimed that “God sent the shooterâ€￾ in punishment for Iowa’s sins.
I am so sick of these people. I realize that we live in a great country that allows for this type of activity, but it doesn't make it right.

The members of this "church" make me absolutely sick. I realize too that the attention they receive for these outrageous protests is the only reason that they keep doing them.

Every state should pass a law that bans protests at funerals.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I hate these people.. not dislike.. HATE.. i really wish i could just walk up to them a punch them in the face...

here is another link for people who have not see these stupid people...

Clip High Quality

sick basturds...

I do love how Hannity OWNS her at the end

Last edited:

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
What is there to picket? Guy killed a bunch of innocent people in "HIS" family. Seems backward to me. I wouldn't be suprised if they all get shot if they come up. That is just asking for it.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
What is there to picket? Guy killed a bunch of innocent people in "HIS" family. Seems backward to me. I wouldn't be suprised if they all get shot if they come up. That is just asking for it.

they wont.. kinda wish they would be.. i know that sounds terrible.. but when u know som1 that they have protested.. u get the point

MidwestZest

Apr 22, 2006
Sycamore, IL
yeah - it's just a bleepin shame. There was a sergeant major from a boone unit killed in a helicopter crash in iraq a couple years ago - and the WBC was there in boone for the memorial and burial. parents, along with their little kids holding signs like 'god hates the usa,' or 'soliders die because the united states is corrupt.' just irks me.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
Seriously, what is their problem with the Sueppel situation? I don't understand?

These people **** me off so ******** much. I don't think I've ever seen Hannity and Colmes agree so much. I can't wait until one of them gets cancer or killed or whatever and hear how they spin that into something good.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
yeah - it's just a bleepin shame. There was a sergeant major from a boone unit killed in a helicopter crash in iraq a couple years ago - and the WBC was there in boone for the memorial and burial. parents, along with their little kids holding signs like 'god hates the usa,' or 'soliders die because the united states is corrupt.' just irks me.

ya i remember that one too...

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Maybe the media could quit giving this guy free air time. He is a joke. It isn't a "church." I remember when they were in Ames in 1998. He called the Southern Baptists to see if they would protest with him and when they declined he protested them too. At least that is the way I heard the story. The man is crazy.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Just as long as no one actually associates WBC with any actual baptist churches. The church I go to would never even dream of pulling a stunt like this. How exactly does this show God's love to a nation?

balken

Apr 14, 2006
Just as long as no one actually associates WBC with any actual baptist churches. The church I go to would never even dream of pulling a stunt like this. How exactly does this show God's love to a nation?

How does the hierarchy of the Baptist Church operate? You would think they would revoke their charter.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
How does the hierarchy of the Baptist Church operate? You would think they would revoke their charter.

No kiddin. Revoke them from being anything. They are spitting in the face of someone in pain. I would like to see how they would react to losing a loved one for no good reason and have some moron in their face.
If I lost my son in a war, I don't know how I could hold back from smacking them.
EVERYONE REMEMBER THIS:
If you think God hates the USA....Move to another country. (and good luck with that)

MidwestZest

Apr 22, 2006
Sycamore, IL
Probably an unaffiliated church. Not necessarily like the catholic church or lutheran, etc where the 'church' is at the top, with many branches of different congregations. I suppose, just like there are elca and missouri senate lutheran churches, there are many many many many different baptist churches. really, to call yourself baptist, generally people just believe in full immersion. I guess, 'Baptist' is not a denomination on it's own, but just a descriptive term. if that makes sense.

I'm American Baptist, which is a conservative group of baptists. Kind of works upside down from other churches, where each church is independent, but they form a brotherhood, if you will, of churches that is meant to keep all the churches going in the same direction. Kind of, to check up on each other. Different than other denominations where there is only one 'church.' Dunno if that makes sense or not - but maybe a little insight?

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
I wish someone would protest at their headquarters. They're lower than scum.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
There's a real close friend of the family that is part of a motorcycle group that guards these people from making it to the actual funeral. I forget what he said it is that they do, but when these a-holes come around, they surround them with their bikes and rev up the engines so that they can't be heard.

It just sounds like a solute. Of course, they mainly do this for military funerals.

I hope these people get in a giant car crash that only kills them on the way up. The earth would be a better place without them.

cyfan15

Oct 23, 2006
The Westboro "Baptist Church" is an abomination. Rather than spread the gospel of Jesus Christ and preach about repentence and forgiveness, they distort the word of God to preach condemnation and their own hateful ideology. They are more in line with Osama bin Laden than they are with Jesus Christ.

The point of the Old Testament is to show us that we are ALL sinful and need forgiveness, and the New Testament provides the means of forgiveness through Christ. That's why Christ tells us not to look at the speck in our brother's eye when we have a log in our own. As you saw in the video, Ms. Phelps is willing to condemn the rest of the world to hell, but isn't even willing to acknowledge her own sins.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I wish I had had something to throw at these people when we saw them in Nebraska...

I'm not one for violence but these people just **** me off. Besides going beyond any form of human decency, they the religion they claim to be part of a terrible name.

I identify as a Baptist/Christian, and everything they do COMPLETELY contradicts what I believe/the vast majority of people in said group believes.

The Osama comparrison is right on

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
No kiddin. Revoke them from being anything. They are spitting in the face of someone in pain. I would like to see how they would react to losing a loved one for no good reason and have some moron in their face.
If I lost my son in a war, I don't know how I could hold back from smacking them.
EVERYONE REMEMBER THIS:
If you think God hates the USA....Move to another country. (and good luck with that)

I don't really think that God loves one country more than another, or even hates one country more than another. WBC is just a cult of hatred.