WBC To Picket Sueppel Funeral

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I have to disagree with you... Many people... including these idiots are the worse than many of the good people on earth.

I can't buy the argument that a murder is just as bad as someone who jaywalks...

Now, I'm no saint, but I would put myself many notches higher than anyone that would stoop to this level to gain attention.

I think the murder/jaywalk analogy is a bit off. It's more like "those who murder are equal to those who hate, or wish the death of another."

Or lust is equal to sexual immorality.

I think it is a very slippery slope when we try to "grade" sin or wrong-doing. I know when I do it, it means I am trying to excuse "my" transgression by comparing it to someone who is worse, in my own eyes. And my self-justification gets me in trouble, almost every time.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Don't some people realize what they are doing when they do things like this. Don't they get how stupid they look and how it probably hurts their "cause".

What I DO know is all of Phelps' 6 kids are lawyers, and they get a significant income from lawsuits, or the threat of lawsuits.

I think their "cause" is their own darned selves.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I have to disagree with you... Many people... including these idiots are the worse than many of the good people on earth.

I can't buy the argument that a murder is just as bad as someone who jaywalks...

Now, I'm no saint, but I would put myself many notches higher than anyone that would stoop to this level to gain attention.

By human standards, yes - for instance, someone who tells a fib seems a lot better than someone who cheats on their wife, who seems a lot better than someone who murders someone.

However, the 10 Commandments have something to say about all three - Thou shalt not bear false witness against your neighbor (commandment 9), thou shalt not commit adultery (commandment 7), and thou shalt not murder (commandment 6).

In human eyes, yes, lying ranks much lower than murder, but in God's eyes, sin is sin, and in Romans it says "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." That means God puts all sins on a level playing field - lying is just as offensive to him as murder.

What makes things even more difficult is Jesus puts us to a higher standard - he said that anyone who even looks at a woman lustfully commits adultery and anyone who has a hateful thought against someone else has committed murder. That means although I have never cheated on my wife, I am guilty of adultery, and even though I have never killed anyone, I am guilty of murder. To up the standard even further, Jesus said that if you break even one of the commandments, you have broken them all. Who can live up to that kind of standard? No one (thus our need for a savior).

I guess what really makes me sick is that WBC breaks the two commandments that Jesus gives in Mark (which is basically just a summary of the 10 Commandments) - love the Lord with all your heart, soul, and strength (summarizes 1-4), and love your neighbor as yourself (summarizes 5-10) - against such things there is no law. They certainly do not show love for the Lord with their actions, and they certainly are not loving their neighbors as much as they love themselves. However, I try not to show much hatred for them - God will deal with them in His own time...

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Apparently, people can't do much because they are all lawyers and videotape EVERYTHING so they will just sue people who try to harm them.

Nevermind, they're not insane, just greedy, which is actually worse :no:

Ok, so they're probally both but either way.... these are not decent people

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Nevermind, they're not insane, just greedy, which is actually worse :no:

Ok, so they're probally both but either way.... these are not decent people
I don't care what kinds of cameras and lawyers they have...if I had my way, they'd be screwed unless they have anti-aircraft guns :biggrin:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
What is there to picket? Guy killed a bunch of innocent people in "HIS" family. Seems backward to me. I wouldn't be suprised if they all get shot if they come up. That is just asking for it.

They just want the national media publicity. You will not see the church picket the satellite roof shooting gal's funeral. IC is too close to Kansas. Someone might want to shoot some paintballs at the white "church" van. It might get put on youtube.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
love the sinner,... hate the sin?

-hard to do.

In this case yes... which is kind of bad because thats exacly what they're doing that makes me hate them in the first place.

Hate just fuels hate... :sad:

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I went to a pretty strick Baptist College my first two years and from what I could tell most hard core baptists (theology majors) weren't that far removed from these wacko's. Religous extremists no matter what the religion have a special place in hell reserved for themselves.

Rolling Clones

Jan 31, 2007
Austin, Texas
I am so sick of these people. I realize that we live in a great country that allows for this type of activity, but it doesn't make it right.

The members of this "church" make me absolutely sick. I realize too that the attention they receive for these outrageous protests is the only reason that they keep doing them.

Every state should pass a law that bans protests at funerals.

Need to send "Dexter" after them....

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
As much as I hate Micheal Moore maybe we should call him and have him bring the sodomobile down to have fun with them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABH_RFeeGAs]YouTube - Michael Moore- The Awful Truth[/ame]

Rolling Clones

Jan 31, 2007
Austin, Texas
Sorry to hijack the thread but... speaking of Dexter, was it on Sunday? I have my DVR set to record it but all I got was part of Cold Case or some crap like that.

Yeah, it was on, but it was on about an hour late due to the basketball games pushing everything back. Started about 9:50.

akclone

Bookie
Nov 28, 2006
The A-holes from Topeka will be in IC from 9:15-10:00

I was going to post a link to their site but I would rather root for the Hawkeyes than make their site easily accessable.

I cant believe I found somthing less desirable than the Hawks.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
So...why doesn't anyone picket them?

If they are such fierce proponents of freedom of speech, they certainly can't object, can they?

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
As much as I hate Micheal Moore maybe we should call him and have him bring the sodomobile down to have fun with them.

YouTube - Michael Moore- The Awful Truth

Bump because nobody seems to have noticed the clip and it's one of the funniest scenes I've seen in years. The Fred scenes and interviews with his flock are great, but the look on his face when the Sodom-mobile starts rocking are priceless...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron