**** WBB: Game Thread - Cyclones host #4 Iowa Wednesday 6:00 pm ESPN2 ****

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Absolutely terrible coaching... All 1:1 w poor shots end turnovers down the stretch and keeping Audi on the bench, then put her in and rather than posting her has Dew go 1:1???
Yeah they are freshmen and you ask them to do that? Bill, you gotta be better with what you want to do on offense. I think we all would have been fine had they gone 0-5 from three down the stretch. But that was going to be a much better play than iso ball with this young group.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
Good effort. Seemed like too much 1:1 hero-ball on offense in the second half but I'm not a coach, what do I know.

Surprised it was this close when we shot 34/25/75%.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Wouldn't be so annoyed by criticism of the coaches when we lose if the same people complemented the coaches when we win.
Dude come on. Bill called a really solid game and the game plan was really good for the most part. But unless the kids ignored him, he did not call a great last 3-4 minutes. Did it cost us? Who knows? But these girls needed a better offensive game plan than iso ball every time down the court there to finish. That's just a fact.

Hestia_Abnegation11

Oct 29, 2017
Really, really impressive from the team. Showed in some spots that we were young, but not nearly as much as you would expect. They're growing, and their defense was very impressive tonight. Very optimistic for the future. Addy, Audi, Arianna, Jalynn - all really shone tonight, add in some daggers from Belanger and nice drives from Diew and the whole team was on it.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I love how much they hype up Clark's 35 points and just ignore that she's taken 31 ******* shots to get there.
Can’t stand Clark but I’ll take 35 pts on 31 shots from a player every game.

• Agree
Reactions: legi