*** WBB: (4) Iowa State vs (2) Texas - Tues., 8:00 ***

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Audi is going to win us the regular season title next year and not settle for the consolation prize tournament thingie. You can whine like so many of our fans or you can be like Crooks

Love that Tweet!! Audi wants a title (or more) bad and she'll get it done!!

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin

Watch them try and play that style bball against LSU or South Carolina
Or, Iowa!;) For three years I have watched Shay Holle and she is one of the few Texas plays that I approve of course Harmon and Booker are so phenomenal it's foolish to put them down.

Holle on Iowa's Clark would be fun. When we put Diew on Clark it slowed her impactfully.

Reactions: isufbcurt

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Wish we could have one of the Tech/UCF losses back- not sure what we need to get off the 8/9 seed line.
Crene (or however you spell his name) has us as an 8. I'm still hoping for a 7. Those guys are way off on seeds sometimes.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Whenever the camera was on the Texas bench they showed the one assistant that had on an off the shoulder dress and if she would have bent down even more, the twins would have come out to play. She kept trying to pull it up, but had a hard time with those 5" fingernails she had on. My wife pointed out the fingernails, while I pointed out the low cut dress.
I thought the costumes on the assistant coaches were over the top. It's not a fashion show for YOU, ladies...you're a freaking basketball coach. The focus should be on your team.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
I thought the costumes on the assistant coaches were over the top. It's not a fashion show for YOU, ladies...you're a freaking basketball coach. The focus should be on your team.
I think they take after Kim Mulkey. It's always the "look at me fashion show" with her too!! Glad to have them all gone.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

They were "focused" enough to beat us soundly. :rolleyes:

Not getting the obsession with players hair, makeup, eyelashes, coaches dress etc. I don't care if a coach wears a pink bunny suit with high heels. With that said, Vic's suit was nice. Being a suit and tie guy I can appreciate it. Plus you always have the "When is the coat coming off moment" like with Tim Floyd.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Let's forget the referees for a moment.

What four things did Texas have as play or strategies to take us out early in this game?

1 Focus on smothering Ryan with Holle. It took 60% of our offense away. Vic saw Ryan's limitations in speed, dribble orientation, and perimeter movements. Keeping her outside, covering passing lanes, is BB 101 and Texas has the size, speed and skill to shut Em's game down. Stymying Emily, and others, in to bad passes and ball-handling errors had a turnover ratio of 5 to 23.

2 Do their best to Keep Audi out of the kill zone and collapse double-, triple-teaming her had some success in the first half. Audi worked to keep the points in the paint somewhat close: 24 to TX's 26 for the game. Most by Audi in her tremendous 2nd half performance.

3 Cover any three-point attempts out of, especially, Belanger and others.

4 Covering Brown well, she was forced into errors and only had TWO points!

Texas's offense was actually held in check (64 points) with the exception that stopping most of Booker's offense was difficult. Rebounding overall was even but turnovers were key and made the results lop-sided.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Agree, I think there is a list of coaches that he doesn't like. Vic is on it along with Mulkey and Bluder to name 2 more.
I think Bill isn't fond of Vic but he respects him. We can despise Vic. As for Mulkey, Bill and Kim are not enemies, and if my memory is correct they are even chummy.

Reactions: riceville98

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Her vengeance will be legendary.
That is really cool. Everything about her is impressive. The future for this team is very bright!

Audi is going to win us the regular season title next year and not settle for the consolation prize tournament thingie. You can whine like so many of our fans or you can be like Crooks

Would love to get Audi in peak form as this season winds down on into next season. Diet, psychology, and training in the current understanding could convert her into a specimen. She is on her way and has the will and focus going in. Watching her soak in the feel of being denied a championship appears what she is doing as a motivator. They are warned.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Would love to get Audi in peak form as this season winds down on into next season. Diet, psychology, and training in the current understanding could convert her into a specimen. She is on her way and has the will and focus going in. Watching her soak in the feel of being denied a championship appears what she is doing as a motivator. They are warned.

She's already in pretty great shape. I was impressed with how she was running the court late in the game. She's not built for speed but she was running pretty fast, way more than you saw in HS and AAU. Her endurance as the season has progressed is pretty impressive.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

What four things did Texas have as play or strategies to take us out early in this game?

1 Focus on smothering Ryan with Holle. It took 60% of our offense away. Vic saw Ryan's limitations in speed, dribble orientation, and perimeter movements. Keeping her outside, covering passing lanes, is BB 101 and Texas has the size, speed and skill to shut Em's game down. Stymying Emily, and others, in to bad passes and ball-handling errors had a turnover ratio of 5 to 23.

2 Do their best to Keep Audi out of the kill zone and collapse double-, triple-teaming her had some success in the first half. Audi worked to keep the points in the paint somewhat close: 24 to TX's 26 for the game. Most by Audi in her tremendous 2nd half performance.

Texas's offense was actually held in check (64 points) with the exception that stopping most of Booker's offense was difficult. Rebounding overall was even but turnovers were key and made the results lop-sided.

Not sure there is any place here for such an objective and measured assessment! ;)

Kudos!

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
She's already in pretty great shape. I was impressed with how she was running the court late in the game. She's not built for speed but she was running pretty fast, way more than you saw in HS and AAU. Her endurance as the season has progressed is pretty impressive.
I think Audi would disagree. She is doing well and is only one season into college play/training. It will be interesting to see if she does make any more improvement (especially) in moving down the court and endurance. May be wishful thinking, but I will rest my case until next season.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I think Audi would disagree. She is doing well and is only one season into college play/training. It will be interesting to see if she does make any more improvement (especially) in moving down the court and endurance. May be wishful thinking, but I will rest my case until next season.

I don't think we actually disagree. She will be in even better shape next year. What's she done so far is pretty amazing, and like you've noted she is crazy motivated and works hard and she's not placing any limits on herself. I did see her quoted as saying even she hadn't expected to make this sort of progress so early. I'd expect the results she has seen from herself will just motivate her more (if what we seem to know about her is accurate and no reason to think it isn't). Sort of the difference between being "pleased" with one's progress versus "satisfied".

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I thought the Shiney orange tops looked good. It wasn't like an SEC freak show. And if you're to the butthurt state where you're complaining about the coaches attire it's time to step away for a bit.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

She isn't there watching, thinking "just wait until we win the regular season". She is there thinking "I'm going to be on that stage."

It's a good think ISU coaches and players don't look at Kansas City like WAAAY too many on this site as just some "consolation prize tournament thingie."

That sounds an awful like Hawk fans when they lose...."oh, it means nothing." What, ISU is a blue blood now and these events are beneath us?

The men get lucky and win in KC.........it won't be looked at as some stupid "thingie". There will be a statue of TJ put up right next to Johnny and he will dubbed the new mayor. But if they don't...........I'm sure you and others will be on cue saying it's a waste of time.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA

I agree on all of the above, but I would put #4 as #1. Taking Brown COMPLETELY out of the game was huge.

• Informative
Reactions: StClone

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The more I've thought about the Emily Ryan backcourt foul, the more I realize the officials didn't do enough.
Clearly, Emily was trying to play basketball while the texas player was doing something else. Emily should have recognized the situation and done the same.
As a result, it should have been not only a personal foul but a technical as well, and maybe one on the bench for coaching her to continue playing basketball regardless of the situation.

• Haha
Reactions: CYDJ

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
I would love to see her develop more quickness. She can be slow to recover or reach for a lost ball or low pass. That's partly due to her size and height, so it may come with continued training. I absolutely cannot wait to see the player she'll become.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron