Way Too Early Top 25 roundup: Cyclones a consensus top 5 pick

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I think they get a little benefit of the doubt given the past two years.
I don't agree. CBB is about who you have on your roster. Last year doesn't matter. They were a top to start the season this year because of the guys they returned and added, Right now they just don't have the dudes to put them that high. Now, they may get them but I think benefit of the doubt with what they have is maybe top 20 or top 25 not #6.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I don't agree. CBB is about who you have on your roster. Last year doesn't matter. They were a top to start the season this year because of the guys they returned and added, Right now they just don't have the dudes to put them that high. Now, they may get them but I think benefit of the doubt with what they have is maybe top 20 or top 25 not #6.
It’s April 25th….these rankings literally mean nothing.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
It’s April 25th….these rankings literally mean nothing.
I didn't say they mean anything. But if you are ranking a team right now as things stand, they are not a top ten team. I believe they have 2 spots for sure to fill but could be three if Karaban stays in the draft which I think he could. So of course they will look different but then the rankings can be adjusted based on that.

ARCYCLONE

Nov 16, 2020
Arkansas
I smell respect.
I know rankings don't mean anything now (but it does create buzz and talk all the way up to November); but what's really crazy is that if BY had gotten Gonzaga into the Big 12 for B-ball we'd have ALL of the top 5 ranked teams! Even without them we have 4 of the top 5. No doubt football is king and the networks are telling us that most important there is the SEC and Big 10; but there's got to be value ($$$) in this. What TJ is accomplishing is phenomenal!

Reactions: CycloneErik