Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Current lineup is

Jackson
Wiggington
Babb
Lard
Young

If Lewis starts, it isn't until Big12 play(See Niang, Morris, Young)

Babb seen the floor this year because he has all the talent in the world and they see the potential(just like Burton last year). He will take a similar jump with a bigger role like Burton did.

Bring in a Grad Transer, a Juco, and a transfer to sit out a year.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Wigginton at 6'1 likely won't make the NBA as a shooting guard. At that size, if he ever has a chance to make it, it will have to be at pt guard. So I'm sure CSP convince to come to ISU and he would help mold him into an NBA prospect at pt guard. If so, he is going to have growing pains learning the position at this level, but in the long run, he may be a special one.

Reactions: isutrevman

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
With the increased commitment defensively, I think this team can surprise some people. It'll be tough to lose the senior leaders but if the guys waiting in the wings and the incoming freshmen are as good as advertised, they'll do their best to fill those shoes. Expectations for me are to make a push for the bubble, around .500 in conference play. I don't think we've seen half of what D-Jax (or NWB) can do next year.

IMO if Babb is going to make a big improvement it all starts with getting some confidence shooting the 3 ball. If he can hit 3's at a decent clip that will completely change how teams have to guard him. He actually reminds me a lot of Ejim his freshman and sophomore years. At times he looks uncomfortable but you can also tell that he is a really talented kid.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Young
Juiston
Brown
Wigginton
Jackson

Lard
Kasongo
NWB
Lewis
Long
McNeill

That looks like a team that could compete in the upper half of
the conference.

Reactions: FinalFourCy

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Young
Juiston
Brown
Wigginton
Jackson

Lard
Kasongo
NWB
Lewis
Long
McNeill

That looks like a team that could compete in the upper half of
the conference.
With room for another guy, if needed, and probably even a rs transfer. Let's get them.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
IMO if Babb is going to make a big improvement it all starts with getting some confidence shooting the 3 ball. If he can hit 3's at a decent clip that will completely change how teams have to guard him. He actually reminds me a lot of Ejim his freshman and sophomore years. At times he looks uncomfortable but you can also tell that he is a really talented kid.
I said it before, but I really think part of his problem was that he wasn't needed to score and then when he struggled early it really hurt his confidence. I'd expect to see large growth when he knows he needs to shoot.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Will we still get Bill Selfs 1st place vote next year?

But really.. I think if Babb can play consistently like he did in the Big 12 Tourney this year plus with the work he puts in in the off season he could be a great asset to us. With that I like the lineup of..

Jackson
Wigginton
Babb
Lard
Young

Kasongo and Lewis first off the bench. I think Lewis can be a 3 for us if need be. Same for Lard. Obviously I'm not sure how their ball handling is.
Long will need to prove himself this offseason. I'd like to think he developed a lot this year.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Babb certainly flashes at times. He had some sweet passes against either TCU or WV (don't remember which) where he drove under the basket and fired one-handed bullets right on the money to open shooters. He was clearly playing with confidence. I'd expect that to be closer than the norm than the few times he dribbled off his foot. I don't expect Babb to be an all-out stud, but his offense will improve as his role expands.

• Agree

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

But really.. I think if Babb can play consistently like he did in the Big 12 Tourney this year plus with the work he puts in in the off season he could be a great asset to us. With that I like the lineup of..

Jackson
Wigginton
Babb
Lard
Young

Kasongo and Lewis first off the bench. I think Lewis can be a 3 for us if need be. Same for Lard. Obviously I'm not sure how their ball handling is.
Long will need to prove himself this offseason. I'd like to think he developed a lot this year.
Lard at the three?

Reactions: allfourcy

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz

Jackson
Wigginton
Babb
Lard
Young

Well Lewis is a 3 so I would hope he can play the 3 "if need be". Lard is a 4 or 5. Stretch 4 would even be pushing it to describe him imo. And from the sounds of it, if Kasango is our first guy off the bench, we're in trouble.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I think if Babb could get to even 35% from 3, he'd pose enough of a threat that they'd have to jump out on him with speed, and then he could drive around them (which is his primary threat in my opinion).

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
I see us somewhere around 19-11 going into the BXII tourney next year, floating around the area that OSU and KSU did this year. We'll need a couple of big non-con or road wins to keep us from being a bubble team.

I think that Babb will make strides as a shooter next season, which will make him a nice all around player. If he plays starter's minutes I don't think its unreasonable to see him as a 11/6/6 type of guy. I think a big wild card on our roster is J. Long. I really hope he makes strides like Naz did between his fresh and sophomore years.

Assuming we get Julston, I'd envision a starting 5 of
Jackson
Wiggington
Babb
Julston
Young

With solid bench minutes from Lard, Long, and Lewis.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Is it wrong that what I miss most from last year's Sweet 16 week is the guy who posted the question about driving his RV into Chicago and camping near United Center?

• Funny
Reactions: IASTATE07

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I see us somewhere around 19-11 going into the BXII tourney next year, floating around the area that OSU and KSU did this year. We'll need a couple of big non-con or road wins to keep us from being a bubble team.

I think that Babb will make strides as a shooter next season, which will make him a nice all around player. If he plays starter's minutes I don't think its unreasonable to see him as a 11/6/6 type of guy. I think a big wild card on our roster is J. Long. I really hope he makes strides like Naz did between his fresh and sophomore years.

Jackson
Wiggington
Babb
Julston
Young

That is a tourney team, IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: NetflixAndClone

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
You can count on beating OSU two times next year. If they get their top two targets in Juiston and Edwards and add in another solid player as a transfer they can make the dance. It will all depend on how much new guys are ready and how much Young, Babb and Jackson improve.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

Jackson
Wiggington
Babb
Julston
Young

Holy Cow.....you do realize that this year's team had that many wins going in to BigI2 tourney, right? No way does next year's team do that, regardless who we sign. You are replacing an All-American pg, freak athlete, & loads of experience. I like optimism, but that's kool-aid at its finest right there, imo. There will be more losses due to inexperience & new faces to gel together, especially early, imo.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron