WATCH: Tom Herman's pre-ISU press conference

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Earlier this year Longhorns & Buckeyes announced they would push their home-and-home series starting in 2022 back to 2025. Any chances we can get that bumped up to 2019 season opener instead?

giphy.webp

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
For some reason I don't think a person can tune out this much stuff

You'd think but perhaps he's able to spin it to get the team super focused/motivated.

Either way it's not something I'm relying on for ISU to have some kind of upper hand.

Replay of Tx/Tech is on Youtube.

ISU will need to stay vertical and quick on offense and the defense will need to stay in their lanes and tackle well.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
I just got done watching this on LHN. Thought you'd all find it interesting. Lots of ISU stuff.

Herman is a POS human being. Always has been. His immaturity defines him. Decent coach when he has more talent than the other team but he isn't really going to outscheme or out coach many.

I wonder if anyone asked him if he will offer more guys or stick with his 5th fewest offers.

https://whotv.com/2018/02/08/texas-tom-herman-throws-shade-at-iowa-states-recruiting-tactics/

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Sounded like he threw Campbell some shade by mentioning the talent he had and then only afterwards the talent he brought in. Paraphrasing a bit. Don't want to go back and listen to it again.

Not defending, but absolutely not the sense I had. Said CMC developed the talent here quickly and brought in great talent at the same time...

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Can you speak his alleged romances with ISU students (recruiting girls)?

did you allow your friendship to impact your reporting on this matter?

its been stated on this very .com that rhoads sent him packing when becoming aware
Shhhhhhhhhh. Chris was young, fresh out of college, very impressionable. Much like the 19 year girls Herman chased as a 35 year old. You can't expect him not to get caught up in the sexiness that is Tom Herman :)

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
I had to go look at their last 6 games after the question about how many close games the have had and the last 6 have been pretty tight, even when they didn't play great teams. Hopefully the Clones can blow them out.

FIFY

great2baclone

May 7, 2014
To clarify this, Tom was a friend of mine when he was at ISU. He was always good to me and we had a great relationship that has carried onto this down.

HOWEVER, I totally see how he turns others the wrong way. Tom is not for everyone. Like you said, to me, he's very entertaining. Love watching his pressers. I generally learn quite a bit from them. I wish more coaches were like that.

If you really listen to Herman clearly he is not impressed with our defense. He uses the words "on paper" and "statistically" best defense.