Washington hires Jedd Fisch

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If you think you can walk everywhere you need to go at USC you don't know much about its location.

We're talking about UW and the campus, stadium and area around it are awesome. UCLA campus and surrounding area is awesome too along with perfect climate since it came up (downside for football is the Rose Bowl isn't near campus, but that area is incredibly beautiful too). It's hilarious/sad people are so irrationally fearful of these places.

The on topic point is that Seattle itself isn't going to scare off any players or coaches, it's awesome. Maybe how geographically isolated it is for travel or recruiting, although they seem to get the players so I don't know why that would stop.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
We're talking about UW and the campus, stadium and area around it are awesome. UCLA campus and surrounding area is awesome too along with perfect climate since it came up (downside for football is the Rose Bowl isn't near campus, but that area is incredibly beautiful too). It's hilarious/sad people are so irrationally fearful of these places.

The on topic point is that Seattle itself isn't going to scare off any players or coaches, it's awesome. Maybe how geographically isolated it is for travel or recruiting, although they seem to get the players so I don't know why that would stop.
The hardest thing about coaching at UW is the expectations. The fanbase expects UW to be everything USC is. I think the stress is what got to Chris Pederson. The expectation is at least 10 wins a year. Although Seattle is a great place, there isn't a ton of talent in their "backyard". Most people don't realize how good of a job it is. They have underachieved at least half the years since Don James left. I think it's the second best job in the West behind SC. I give UW the nod over Oregon because of history and Seattle is an easier sell to recruits than Eugene.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

Nolaeer

Nov 24, 2012
MC was a hot name 2 years ago. His star has fallen. No CFP team is going to hire a coach who can't beat iowa, and lost to memphis and ohio in the same year. MC is a good coach, but he wont sniff the Washington job.

I also think Wash. wants an offensive minded coach, not a defensive one.

Lewey24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2020
Dubuque, IA
Hah! So his whole reasoning for handicapping it that way is none of the hotter names would want the job? Not sure I buy that. Guess we'll see.
Yeah not sure I buy that either for two reasons:

1. Matt Campbell has turned down better jobs than Washington before. What would make him say yes now?

2. A KU reporter suggested Leipold turned down extension talks with their AD to wait for the coaching cycle to play out. There’s obviously non-zero interest there.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Yeah not sure I buy that either for two reasons:

1. Matt Campbell has turned down better jobs than Washington before. What would make him say yes now?

2. A KU reporter suggested Leipold turned down extension talks with their AD to wait for the coaching cycle to play out. There’s obviously non-zero interest there.
UW is now in B1G

• Winner
Reactions: SCarolinaCy

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I saw a tweet that Liepold hasn't officially signed his extension yet. I wonder if that's true?

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
And he’s turned down Tennessee which is in the SEC (an interview with them, I believe)
B1G is more in Campbells recruiting footprint
yes, i realize UW is in Pac NW. they will still play 4-5 games a year in the Midwest

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
B1G is more in Campbells recruiting footprint
yes, i realize UW is in Pac NW. they will still play 4-5 games a year in the Midwest

And on the other side of things, it might be easier to make the playoffs (at least at first) in the Big 12 vs. the Big 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron