Warmest Gloves?

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
You can find them at Army Surplus stores (Fleet and Farm) but I really like the wool gloves they sell. They seem to make about any gloves I put them in warm.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I used to do a lot of mountain climbing and winter backpacking. Dachstein (description, not brand name) mittens are by far the best I've ever used. They are woven wool, tight enough that they are virtually windproof. REI, North Face, or other mountaineering supply stores should have them. I've had mine for almost 30 years. Only had to repair where the thumb met the rest of the mitt. No trigger finger, however.

IMO wool is definitely the way to go regardless of what type of glove you want. They'll retain 90 % of their insulation value, soaking wet.

Storkenheimer

Oct 2, 2011
I wore these last weekend with good results: Cabela's MT050® Extreme II Glomitts : Cabela's

I was also wearing liner gloves with them, and used hot hands warmer packs (there is a pouch for them). If you get them, be sure to order a size larger as an XL fit me well with liner gloves, and I dont have large hands.

Another great option is a handwarmer pouch with light gloves and warmer packs. Both options allow dexterity when needed and warmth for extended time in the cold. They also allow you to read the internets on your smart phone while hunting. Good luck.

Cabela's Big-Game Fleece Muff : Cabela's

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
I wore these last weekend with good results: Cabela's MT050® Extreme II Glomitts : Cabela's

I was also wearing liner gloves with them, and used hot hands warmer packs (there is a pouch for them). If you get them, be sure to order a size larger as an XL fit me well with liner gloves, and I dont have large hands.

Another great option is a handwarmer pouch with light gloves and warmer packs. Both options allow dexterity when needed and warmth for extended time in the cold. They also allow you to read the internets on your smart phone while hunting. Good luck.

Cabela's Big-Game Fleece Muff : Cabela's

burger-king-tiny-hands.jpg

Help Support Us

Become a patron